`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Anyone ever get threatened to get sued over feedback? I did. lol

RE: OT: Anyone ever get threatened to get sued over feedback? I did. lol
(02-09-2013, 08:38 PM)lshields Wrote: This is stupid, but I have to say this. I have a background in many legal suites, and you can technically be sued for negative feedback. But the feedback would have to be unwarranted. A judge would decide that. If found guilty, then the suit could be for damages which would include potential loss of sale due to the negative feedback. The volume the person generates in sales would determine that number. Again it is stupid, but there is a millionaire out in the world because Mcdonald's did not put the word "Hot" on their coffee cups. It is a sad day that we live in.

Well i don't think the OP would leave fb that is damaging in anyway to cause a seller loss of sales etc. A factual posting of the transaction as a whole would be a baseless suit. And finally, why would there be neg f/b posted to begin with? Because the seller himself screwed up & refused to send & refunded instead. Didn't he just cost himself a lost sale, some credibility of being a seller? Maybe the seller has the best chance of winning a lawsuit if he sued himself.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

How about posting the Ebay ID so we can avoid the moron seller?

This is nonsensical!
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

(02-10-2013, 11:13 AM)phillies816 Wrote: How about posting the Ebay ID so we can avoid the moron seller?
I don't remember mine, as it was several years ago.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(02-10-2013, 11:13 AM)phillies816 Wrote: How about posting the Ebay ID so we can avoid the moron seller?
I dont want to put it out publicly. Dont want to give any more fuel to his fire.

As someone who both buys and sells and Ebay, I think you should report this whole case to them, the refusing to sell you an item and the threat of being sued. This is the kind of idiot that does not belong their and this sounds serious enough to may that they will probably kick him off. Threats like that they do not like and tend to take seriously.

Well, I guess jokes on the the seller.
He got a negative for his tactics and I ended up buying the same exact card today for $3 cheaper ($4.50)!! Not bad for a Rod Carew jersey card. Smile

(02-13-2013, 05:23 PM)creativemunky Wrote: Well, I guess jokes on the the seller.
He got a negative for his tactics and I ended up buying the same exact card today for $3 cheaper ($4.50)!! Not bad for a Rod Carew jersey card. Smile
That's great!! I'm glad everything worked out well for you.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!