`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Storage

RE: Storage
For my personal collection I put each Topps base series in Binders with 9 pocket plastic sheets. Everything else gets put into 3200 ct. cardboard boxes sorted by card numbers. So let's say all of my 2012 topps base commons are all in one 3200 count box. I have done that since 1986, so you could say I have a few 3200 count boxes (27 to be exact). I then put all of the stars in nine pocket plastic sheets for each year and put those into binders to keep protected. Finally for the more valuable stars and inserts I put all of those in a hard magnetic plastic cases and store in a 3200 count cardboard box. I've had very good luck keeping my cards in storage without any serious damage to the cards.

I have posted this before..so some have seen the pics
I have all my "star" players in sliding plastic cases, they hold about 75 top loaded cards
[Image: plasticboxes1.jpg]
they slideout and are 2 drawers each
[Image: 003.jpg]
However, these are discontinued now..thanks container store!! Not subs either
All the other $ cards are stored in monster boxes by year and manufacturer
[Image: room1.jpg]
and the cards that are really kinda common (value $1-$3) are in large plastic drawers by year and manufacturer
[Image: room2.jpg]
and my PC is in binders by year and alphabetical by manufacturer
Currently have about 19306 SF Giants cards from 1958-2013
[Image: bindershelf.jpg]
The binders are in sleeves or holders to stop the pages from sagging and to help with moving the binders around
[Image: binder1.jpg]
[Image: binder2.jpg]
Everyone has their own system..I am lucky to have space and the system I use allows me to find a trade card (have about 42000) pretty easy and fast..

Your my hero! My system is boxes and boxes of clutter.
Seriously that's very impressive!

(02-08-2013, 03:48 PM)bonds20001 Wrote: I have posted this before..so some have seen the pics
I have all my "star" players in sliding plastic cases, they hold about 75 top loaded cards
[Image: plasticboxes1.jpg]
they slideout and are 2 drawers each
[Image: 003.jpg]
However, these are discontinued now..thanks container store!! Not subs either
All the other $ cards are stored in monster boxes by year and manufacturer
[Image: room1.jpg]
and the cards that are really kinda common (value $1-$3) are in large plastic drawers by year and manufacturer
[Image: room2.jpg]
and my PC is in binders by year and alphabetical by manufacturer
Currently have about 19306 SF Giants cards from 1958-2013
[Image: bindershelf.jpg]
The binders are in sleeves or holders to stop the pages from sagging and to help with moving the binders around
[Image: binder1.jpg]
[Image: binder2.jpg]
Everyone has their own system..I am lucky to have space and the system I use allows me to find a trade card (have about 42000) pretty easy and fast..

where could I get one of those binder sleeves? is this all container store products for the most part? i know there is one opening up in orlando.

(02-08-2013, 04:13 PM)RobbinsDynasty Wrote: where could I get one of those binder sleeves? is this all container store products for the most part? i know there is one opening up in orlando.
The Container store has stopped production of the plastic drawers, I bought a real lot, so I am recycling them..compacting players that are not hot anymore, like Piazza and Clemens ha ha...I have 70 2 drawer units and only 5 empty..I have too many cards!! Love it though..as my wife says, I am not out chasing women and gambling..

The binder sleeves are expensive, and from Bindertek..I got a deal and ordered 50, but they are pricey..but they solved the issue of sagging and protect the binders somewhat..still have to be careful with binders..

My relics, autos and cards numbered to 100 or less get penny sleeved and toploaded, while the rest get nine-pocketed and put in binders.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

Bonds20001 you are the man. And I thought that my cards were organized. That is awesome. I like the binders, but you are right they are pricey. Someday I will have storage drawers to make it easier to find my cards. Right now many of them are in 3200ct boxes. Many of my unopened wax boxes are in rubbermaid lockers.

Small stacks of cards across my office. No rhyme or reason, just pure chaos. But I know where everything is
Collecting Bob Feller, 1951 Bowman, anything Cleveland.

[Image: SonnyDay.jpg]

(02-08-2013, 08:01 PM)sonnyday Wrote: Small stacks of cards across my office. No rhyme or reason, just pure chaos. But I know where everything is
haha Joe, That's pretty funny!! Organized chaos.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

Oh, I also topload all Dirk Hayhurst cards.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!