`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
How much should I pay for a Jordan psa 9 fleer rc!?

How much should I pay for a Jordan psa 9 fleer rc!?
Hi all,

I don't do much basketball, but I have always wanted a Jordan rc and I am getting a nice bonus at work this month, so I want to get one. I want to get a nicely centered PSA 9 copy, which seem to sell for 1800-2200, but that is with my limited research. Would 2000 be a fair price, or should I try to get one for cheaper, let me know what you all think, thanks!

RE: How much should I pay for a Jordan psa 9 fleer rc!?
If you want an idea just look at the SOLD listings on Ebay for previous listings. There should be plenty of recent sales to give you an idea of what a fair price would be. That said, I would probably expect to pay somewhere between $1500-1750 for a nice PSA 9 MJ 86 Fleer. You can pay more and get it faster. But if you are patient you should be able to score it for somewhere in that range.

Congratulations on the bonus and good luck with getting the card you want. I have a BGS 9 MJ RC but I want to get a PSA 9 to add to it. It's a must have for any collector IMO.

(02-07-2013, 12:47 AM)bostonsports1 Wrote: Hi all,

I don't do much basketball, but I have always wanted a Jordan rc and I am getting a nice bonus at work this month, so I want to get one. I want to get a nicely centered PSA 9 copy, which seem to sell for 1800-2200, but that is with my limited research. Would 2000 be a fair price, or should I try to get one for cheaper, let me know what you all think, thanks!

Being a high end mj collecter I have seen many auction end on the 57 rookie, psa never sells as high as bgs I can buy 2 bgs 9's now under $1400, I wouldn't pay any more than $1250-$1400 for a psa 9

90's mj collector 9.5's or better, also collecting Chris Paul patches and autos

Based on current online auctions with active bidding I would assume 1500-1700 sounds right.
[Image: lnuVdUL.png]

(02-07-2013, 04:38 AM)Topgun1983 Wrote: Being a high end mj collecter I have seen many auction end on the 57 rookie, psa never sells as high as bgs I can buy 2 bgs 9's now under $1400, I wouldn't pay any more than $1250-$1400 for a psa 9
PSA 9s usually sell for more than a BGS 9, at least for other cards, maybe not with the MJ?

I think the price depends a lot on the centering. A good centered card can sell for a lot more than average.

(02-07-2013, 03:54 PM)Vols-1 Wrote: I think the price depends a lot on the centering. A good centered card can sell for a lot more than average.
Ya, I noticed that too in looking at ebay completed listings. A nicely centered one gets close to 2k

(02-07-2013, 11:07 AM)bostonsports1 Wrote: PSA 9s usually sell for more than a BGS 9, at least for other cards, maybe not with the MJ?
Really? Why did I think it was the other way around?
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(02-07-2013, 11:07 AM)bostonsports1 Wrote: PSA 9s usually sell for more than a BGS 9, at least for other cards, maybe not with the MJ?
Not sure I agree with you there. Seems that a BGS 9 is alot harder grade to get than a PSA 9 at least in my experience. I have always looked at PSA grades to be about .5 higher than a BGS. So a PSA 9 would equal a BGS 8.5 and so on.

You see a LOT more PSA 10's than you do BGS 10's.
ebayID Brian60187 - Collecting PSA 10 RC's

http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/brianl...ll%20Trade

(02-07-2013, 11:25 PM)briankort Wrote: Not sure I agree with you there. Seems that a BGS 9 is alot harder grade to get than a PSA 9 at least in my experience. I have always looked at PSA grades to be about .5 higher than a BGS. So a PSA 9 would equal a BGS 8.5 and so on.

You see a LOT more PSA 10's than you do BGS 10's.
I collect a ton of HOF football RCs and I know for a fact that PSA 9s sell for more than BGS 9. Bascially, I have seen the value scale be as follows...

BGS 9 - PSA 9 - BGS 9.5 - PSA 10 - BGS 10 in that order.

Now this could maybe only be the case with older football rookies, but I have seen it over and over, so I would think it works the same for BBall. It could be that newer stuff has a BGS premium, but with the older stuff, the above scale seems to be the case.

Just doing a quick eBay search on the Jordans, the BGS 9s sell for 1300ish, and the PSA 9s sell for 1600-1800ish.
I just want to be sure that 1800 is a fair price for a nicely centered PSA 9 Jordan, or if I should wait and try to get one for a bit lower.