`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My first appraisal

RE: My first appraisal
(02-06-2013, 07:37 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: I figure if they can do this, why aren't they listed in the price guide?
Because then they wouldn't be able to charge people $15 to do it. Not really, but the reason is because market fluctuations (such as a player getting injured or getting hot) would make it hard to track the real value on a 1/1 or super rare card. Notice if you read the fine print on the appraisal, that the appraised value is only valid for the date of the appraisal. They know that card values fluctuate, so they can't keep tabs on rare cards very easily. They have a hard enough time keeping up with cards that are regularly selling. However this is one of the reasons why it would be nice if the appraisal showed how they came up with the value. That way you would be able to figure out on your own how much a fluctuation in the market might effect a particular card.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(02-06-2013, 07:37 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: I figure if they can do this, why aren't they listed in the price guide?
As you know a 1/1, 1/3, 1/5 etc..... is only worth what you paid for it, and what someone else is willing to pay if you decide to sell it.

AS for the OMP, he paid $80 for that card so that is what it is worth, and as Beckett's have stated many, many times before, the prices they give are only to be used as a "guide", so for them to come out and say " hey this card is worth $120 in nrmt-mt condition" sure sounds fishy to me......

And like I said in my first post, an hour's worth of googling, checking completed listing's on ebay, will give you a better Appraisal then spending $15 + Postage

On another note, Insurance companies will not accept "Beckett Values" as an appraisal for what a card is worth, they go by Fair market Value, basically they get on ebay, google, etc... see what the last 3 similar items sold for, then average it out...
the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

I just did one for McCutchen plate...cool to have for my pc
[Image: image_zps2colexaf.jpeg]
Looking for Mookie Betts, Antonio Brown, Pedroia, Andrew McCutchen, David Ortiz, Draymond Green

Nice!
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

Al I got was a Paypal receipt...nothing from Beckett. Is there. A way to check the status of it?
[Image: image_zps2colexaf.jpeg]
Looking for Mookie Betts, Antonio Brown, Pedroia, Andrew McCutchen, David Ortiz, Draymond Green

I think this is great. 1/1s are hard to negotiate in a trade.
We may not have been to the World Series in 100 years, but we can still kick your......

[Image: 1el3xw.jpg]

(02-06-2013, 08:05 PM)shezdoni Wrote: AS for the OMP, he paid $80 for that card so that is what it is worth, and as Beckett's have stated many, many times before, the prices they give are only to be used as a "guide", so for them to come out and say " hey this card is worth $120 in nrmt-mt condition" sure sounds fishy to me......
Yeah, I'm kind of surprised by that as well and thought they would go with a range on this as well.

Obviously it's going to be different for each card but I can't imagine the accuracy of these things would last all that long either. These cards could skyrocket next week or be in the toilet next month. Ah well, to each their own to enjoy the hobby whatever way they like.

I am confident I will not be using this service. I will look at ebay and check recently sold and if none have sold in 3 months and I want to try and sell it I will put down the price I feel it's worth and see how many messages I get with offers or bids. But for me spending $15.00 for someone else to appraise is just crazy.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]