Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 boxes 2012-13 ITG Heroes & Prospects

2 boxes 2012-13 ITG Heroes & Prospects
Am I the only one buying this?

I just happened to be in store when the shipment came Thursday, and got kinda lucky, so picked up another today. Again, got kinda lucky I guess.

Let me say, I think the photography this year is super crisp. I also like the fact that ITG went back to the auto cards being vertical, and a parallel set to the base set, instead of a separate design. 06-07 was the last year they did this, and that has always been my favorite year of this product.

- Another thing, the 3D cards are flippin' sweet in my opinion! They do not have the blurriness that you see in other attempts at this kind of technology.

- My one real con - the Heroes base cards look like a joke!! They did not or could not use real pictures of the "Heroes", so these cards picture SKETCHES superimposed on a photo backround. Some of the sketches look like middle-school children drew them. I had someone today comment they thought the Grant Fuhr card looked racist....

These are my opinions, if you don't agree... THAT's OK

Sorry for the long read, here's the break:

3D cards -

169 - Josh Morrissey
171 - Bo Horvat
184 - Stephen Harper
194 - Matt Needham

Autos -
Brendan Guance
Jason Dickinson
Morgan Rielly
Nikita Zadorov
Sam Reinhart

Jerseys Blacks -
M-02 - Daniel Audette - solid black
M-03 - Justin Bailey - solid blue
M-04 - Tyson Baillie - 50/50 black and white w/ seam

Now, the better stuff:

[Image: 130205_0006_zps0f56b7fd.jpg]
Silver version /40

[Image: 130205_0005_zps374b6cfc.jpg]
Subway Series Jersey Black /120

[Image: 130205_0007_zps8cd17160.jpg]
Subway Series NUMBER Black /6!!!

And one cool auto:

[Image: 130205_0001_zpsa49a2dfe.jpg]
[Image: 130205_0004_zpse4cb51fb.jpg]
13/13!! I didn't even know it was numbered until the guy at the shop went to sleeve it for me...

Nothing available, just showing off. Opinions welcome!!!

''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

RE: 2 boxes 2012-13 ITG Heroes & Prospects
Very awesome Malcom Suburban card. Too sweet.
Collecting: Kevin Hodson, Goaltender Rookie Cards, 1995-96 Fleer Metal Inserts.

were you getting 6 hits per box or is all of this from more than 2 boxes?
Wanted:

Sidney Crosby, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins

awesome break man! This is my favorite break all year too, with btp coming in second. I actually bought a box and a half last thurs but haven't opened them bc i'm waiting for a night when the fiance isn't around so I can enjoy the whole break. Usually takes me about 2 hours to break it bc I read every card back. I love the care that bryan price puts into the product. I was let down with last years, just seemed like it was lacking but this year looks awesome, although it looks heavy on jerseys from the top prospects game instead of their team jerseys. I've always had amazing luck with this product too, don't know why. However, I'm jealous of the subban number card because that is the only thing i've never pulled, a game used number. I'm looking forward to seeing these 3-d cards as well bc everybody seems to be talking about them. I'll agree with you on the heros cards tho, they look lame, the bure I saw didn't even look like him, if I have to look at the name on the card to know who it is then that's bad. I hope he gets away from that, but I guess there are only so many juniors photos available for them to use. Wish they used more old hofers as well. The first year I pulled a Red Kelly, now it's guys like roenick and gilmour. Let's get some more guys like Tretiak, Keon, Langway, and Gartner. But overall i'm stoked and will post next week what I pull. Awesome draft auto too

Nice looking stuff! May have to get a box!

(02-05-2013, 08:36 PM)arock99 Wrote: were you getting 6 hits per box or is all of this from more than 2 boxes?
This was from 2 boxes. The odds for both autos and memorabilia is listed as 1 in 7 packs each. Therefore 18 packs giving you 2 autos and 2 memorabilia should be a certainty, with a 50/50 chance of a third hit of each.

''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

Nice stuff bro...you let them sleeve your cards for you? Now thats trust Tongue
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

(02-06-2013, 08:16 AM)jaykayzee Wrote: This was from 2 boxes. The odds for both autos and memorabilia is listed as 1 in 7 packs each. Therefore 18 packs giving you 2 autos and 2 memorabilia should be a certainty, with a 50/50 chance of a third hit of each.
ok thanks...i might give a box a chance when i go down for my canada day cards this saturday
Wanted:

Sidney Crosby, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins

Nice cards, esp the Subban Number card!!!
Building sets, and collecting Alex Ovechkin, Calle Johansson,
Craig Laughlin and Braden Holtby

Great cards!!! You trading?? But like you i hate the hero cards and not a big fan of the 3d cards either almost gave me i migraine