`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best way to buy?? Advice needed!

RE: Best way to buy?? Advice needed!
Sometimes you get lucky and get a decent hit from retail stuff but it is a safer buy if you sink your money into hobby packs. I know it stinks that your LCS is so far away. I too have that problem but it's well worth the wait if you can save your money and buy hobby versus retail. You can also try buying boxes online. There are a few sites that are legit hobby shops and they don't go through the boxes and then reseal them. Blowout Cards is my favorite, they are cheaper than most and usually you get free shipping on orders $150 or more. If you are like me you don't always have $150 just laying around but if you save the money you would spend at Walmart or whatever your retail store is, then it does add up quick. I recently made a pact to myself to not buy retail this year. However I did pick up some 2013 Topps from Walmart and got no good hits. So thats my advice.

RE: Best way to buy?? Advice needed!
(02-05-2013, 08:49 PM)uvaspina Wrote: Keep your eyes open for deals on blasters and rack packs and Walmart. If I see 2010 or newer blasters for less than $12, I usually bite. With rack packs, depending on the product, sometimes you'll find them marked down by 50% (also a good deal).
Absolutely agree. We got nearly 2 complete sets of 2011 Topps Update and 6 or 7 Trout RCs from the half-price blasters from Walmart.
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's