`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
1,000th post contest - CLOSED

1,000th post contest - CLOSED
I just realized this weekend that I was nearing 1,000th post. Well this is my 1,000th post. (Read the following in your best Dos Equis "Most Interesting Man in the World" voice) I don't post all the time, but when I do I try to make it worthwhile.

To celebrate this achievement, I have decided to have a contest. The contest is simple, but will be challenging. Guess which sporting event is the next one that I will be attending. You have to be specific, so it will be a bit more challenging. Don't just guess "Spring Training Game" or "Denver Nuggets game", you need to be specific about which game.

The rules: 1 guess per person per every 2 hours, so once you guess you can come back in 2 hours and guess again. All guesses must be submitted on this thread, this will provide for time stamps for each guess. If you send me a PM with your guess it won't count. Any posts that show up as being edited will be disqualified, so make a new post for each new guess, so don't just edit a previous guess.

The prize: A very nice care package filled with goodies including inserts, rookies, and more. Trust me, you will be very HAPPY if you win this.

Hints: I will be posting hints as time goes on until someone guesses the correct event.
HINT 1: It is not an NFL game.
HINT 2: The event takes place within the next 3 weeks.
HINT 3: It takes less than a 3 hour drive from my house to get there.
HINT 4: I will be going to an Orlando Magic game later this month, but the next sporting event I'm going to is before that.
HINT 5: I went to school with 2 of the players.
HINT 6: It involves a round ball, but isn't NBA related.
HINT 7: There will be more women at this event than most sporting events.
HINT 8: The ball used is bigger than a baseball and smaller than a basketball.
HINT 9: The event is at a waterfront venue.
HINT 10: The event is on a weekend.
HINT 11: Topps, Panini, and Upper Deck have all made cards for most of the players on one of the teams, but not for the players on the other team.

WINNER: grimp50 who correctly guessed that I will be attending the US Women's Soccer game vs Scotland in Jacksonville on this Saturday. Thank you to all those who participated, it was fun to see some of the guesses that you came up with.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

RE: 1,000th post contest
Spring training baseball game
[Image: banner8_zpsd1d99d0d.jpg]

Collecting Brandon Beachy, Kris Medlen, Mike Minor, Julio Teheran, Andrelton Simmons and Vintage Atlanta Braves

Spring Training?
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

GATORS basketball game
[Image: thCA4A41M6_zps6c3e4a45.jpg]

As I said in my original post, "You have to be specific, so it will be a bit more challenging." I won't count the above posts against you, so you can guess again. You just need to be specific. If you think it's a Spring Training game, then guess exactly WHICH game. If you think it's a Gator Basketball game, then guess exactly WHICH one. As I said it will be challenging, and I don't expect a correct answer in the first few hours, that way more people will have a chance to guess.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.

1000 posts?
Since 1997?
That's nothing. nyyankeesfan28 has 2 and 1/2 times that amount in less than 6 months.
Actually I respect that you only post when you have something to say and don't post just for the sake of posting. Substance over quantity.

As for your next sporting event? I'll guess your kid's soccer practice on field number 3.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

The Bobcats/Heat NBA game tonight!!!!

Little league game on the blue field
[Image: 6C3028DA-222D-46AB-98B7-BD7D0829F4B5-819...1b74d5.jpg]

(02-04-2013, 03:06 PM)zeprock Wrote: 1000 posts?
Since 1997?
That's nothing. nyyankeesfan28 has 2 and 1/2 times that amount in less than 6 months.
Actually I respect that you only post when you have something to say and don't post just for the sake of posting. Substance over quantity.

As for your next sporting event? I'll guess your kid's soccer practice on field number 3.
Thanks. I realize that some people post constantly. While I have been a member since 1997, I didn't get really active on these boards until a couple years ago. By the way, I like your guess, but the event has nothing to do with my kids (in fact they will be staying with family while I go to the event with my wife).

Uf basketball game against miss st
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s