`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Help needed with Gold Test Refractor question

Help needed with Gold Test Refractor question
Trying to figure out what this is exaclty, can't find it in beckett or anywhere else (Not that there are to many other places to look) The guy running the auction says it is a 1997-98 Finest Gold Test Refractor, as you can see from the pic the serial # only has the 289 print run and not the cards actual print #. My question is about the authenticity, has anyone ever heard of 1997-98 Finest Gold Test Refractors?

[Image: q7_zpsb816021d.jpg]

[Image: q8_zps6312ceb2.jpg]
[Image: 23892124190_71315005dc_b.jpg]

RE: Help needed with Gold Test Refractor question
In case you didn't notice the top right corner of the card is torn up. As for your question, I am not familiar with a "Test" set, but I do know that most card manufacturers used to make extras of the serial numbered cards in case one was returned as a damaged. They only put the /# on the card and then when a card was returned they destroyed the returned card and stamped one of their unnumbered cards with the same serial number as the one returned. This led to card companies having inventory of cards without full serial numbering on them. I know Topps puts things like this out in their "Topps Vault" ebay store, but not 100% certain that's what this card is from.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

RE: Help needed with Gold Test Refractor question
Had to get one for my Nique PC... I love the weird and oddball stuff like this. My favorite stuff in the hobby always tends to go cheap!
[Image: main2.gif]

Dominique Wilkins Beckett Super Collector
http://www.hobbydisplay.com/rdleifriaf