`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Wife complaining about Card Collecting

Wife complaining about Card Collecting
Just wondering if there other guys like me that enjoy collecting cards, but have a wife/girl friend that doesn't see the value. My wife has mentioned several times that when I die, the cards will be in the trash. Which is going to make some rubbish collector a very wealthy man. Many of my friends have mentioned they would take the cards when I die, nice guys. Let me know if your wives are any different then mine, or maybe they are the perfect wife and are into collecting cards with you. Just wondering out loud...........

RE: Wife complaining about Card Collecting
I try to explain it as such, if she can buy a pair of pants for $300, then you can buy a box of cards for $150.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

My gf doesn't understand or necessarily approve of it and she will never under any circumstance get into it herself or buy me something involving it, but she feigns enthusiasm when I show or tell her about something.
Kepler

Bad idea yank lol. Corbin go sell a nice card and get her a piece of jewelry. Then she will get it
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

mine is the same way she dont care that I do it just doesnt get when I tell her how much I spend which honestly aint that much. I have a few cards worth 100 and what she says is what does that do for me lol. Way she sees it inless i can sell the card for exactly that then it dont matter
[Image: banner4_zps7ecf2a69.jpg]

also dez bryant,any bama players in bama uni,john parker wilson,jered weaver,matt kemp,topps triple thread stuff,anthony rizzo

My wife is quietly tolerant, but not enthusiastic about my collecting. -I think the key is to make yourself a little room in the basement/attic (if possible) where it's not as visible to her. What drives wives crazy (mine at least) is seeing penny sleeves on the counter, cards on the dining room table, etc. I think if you keep your stuff organized and out of the way, you'll have solved half the battle.

Obviously, if it's a money thing, I'd explain to her that there's a lot of expensive hobbies out there. -Cars, motorcycles, antiques, etc. By comparison, cards are relatively inexpensive and take up a LOT less space. There's a lot of worse to spend your time and money-- bars and "dance" clubs (I use that term loosely out of respect to the younger readers) come to mind.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

(02-03-2013, 01:16 PM)uvaspina Wrote: My wife is quietly tolerant, but not enthusiastic about my collecting. -I think the key is to make yourself a little room in the basement/attic (if possible) where it's not as visible to her. What drives wives crazy (mine at least) is seeing penny sleeves on the counter, cards on the dining room table, etc. I think if you keep your stuff organized and out of the way, you'll have solved half the battle.

Obviously, if it's a money thing, I'd explain to her that there's a lot of expensive hobbies out there. -Cars, motorcycles, antiques, etc. By comparison, cards are relatively inexpensive and take up a LOT less space. There's a lot of worse to spend your time and money-- bars and "dance" clubs (I use that term loosely out of respect to the younger readers) come to mind.
You and your discoteques lol youre old lol but what if you collect all those things like me? Lol
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

my gf loves baseball, one of the great reasons we get along so well. she doesnt mind one bit. she's never said a bad thing about collecting as she understands its a hobby. though i can tell she thinks i spend money unwisely at times, which i do, she doesn't say a peep.

i even got her to help me sort my 2 jumbos friday night. Big Grin
[Image: m3OLcuF.png]
Sig by: jbel4331 / STL Cardinals & Rams Collector

(02-03-2013, 01:20 PM)swjrp10 Wrote: You and your discoteques lol youre old lol but what if you collect all those things like me? Lol
Haha. -I definitely wasn't referring to discoteques, if you know what I meanWink Also, I'm in the process of having a 1965 Peugeot motorcycle restored. If my wife had any idea what it was costing I'd be sleeping in the garage. lol.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

My exwife was like that. Glad she is my exwife. Now my fiance likes anything that is worth money ans she is supportive of my having a hobby. I dont want to talk about your wife but she should be happy you arent tossing money to strippers or wasting money elsewhere. At least you are spending money on something that has value. What does she buy? I will bet she buys shoes and purses...LOL.
(02-03-2013, 01:05 PM)corbin21 Wrote: Just wondering if there other guys like me that enjoy collecting cards, but have a wife/girl friend that doesn't see the value. My wife has mentioned several times that when I die, the cards will be in the trash. Which is going to make some rubbish collector a very wealthy man. Many of my friends have mentioned they would take the cards when I die, nice guys. Let me know if your wives are any different then mine, or maybe they are the perfect wife and are into collecting cards with you. Just wondering out loud...........