`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
WTT: 2012 Topps Historical Stitches #MM Mickey Mantle (Great Trade Up/Down Idea)
02-03-2013, 10:54 PM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2013 12:22 PM by SFssft1911.)
WTT: 2012 Topps Historical Stitches #MM Mickey Mantle (Great Trade Up/Down Idea)
So with all of these "Great Trade Up" threads out there I figured I'd put my own spin on it too. I'm sure this idea is nothing new to anyone and probably not a fresh idea, but here goes anyways.

1. Objective: to downsize my total card count over the next 2 months.
2. Reason: I am moving to South Korea in April 2013 and I will be unable to take my entire collection, so a downsize is necessary.

My idea has two parts which work in favor to both traders.

Part 1: How does this favor me? Simple answer is that I am receiving a single card with a higher BV than what I'm trading. Exact same concept as the "Great Trade Up" competition.

Part 2: How does this benefit you? Basically you will receive the main trade card plus additional cards which will have a total BV of 110%. So basically you will receive 10% more in BV than the card you are trading.

Rules:

1. You are only trading one card, which must be of a higher BV than my current trade card. To keep things fair your card should have at least a 20% higher BV for all cards with a BV under $100. For cards over $100 BV the percentage will be taken down to 10%.

EXAMPLE of a trade with the main trade card having under $100 BV: my trade card is worth $30 BV so your card must have at least a $36 BV or more.

EXAMPLE of a trade with the main trade card having above $100 BV: my card is worth $150 BV so your card must have at least a $165 BV or more.

2. The additional cards you are receiving will be selected by me at random. These cards will have a BV of $1 or more.

3. I will field offers for a maximum of three days per card. After that I will select the best offer and move on to a new card.

Here's the first card.

2012 Topps Historical Stitches #MM Mickey Mantle
-Looking for $36 BV or more!

[Image: 541402_4137237362159_179262550_n.jpg]

Looking for currently living HOF'ers Rookie Cards, Game Used, and Autographs. To include soon to be HOF'ers.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2013, 06:41 AM
RE: Great Trade Up/Down idea!
Bump. I'm skeptical as to whether or not this will work, but I figured I'd give it shot anyways. So send me those offers.

Looking for currently living HOF'ers Rookie Cards, Game Used, and Autographs. To include soon to be HOF'ers.
02-04-2013, 08:03 AM
RE: WTT: 2011 Topps Sparkle #651 Kendrys Morales (Great Trade Up/Down Idea)
Good idea... I think all of us try to downsize whenever we can already... Good luck!

[Image: bZcet.png]
(Banner by jbel4331)
Adam Dunn Super Collector.
02-04-2013, 08:46 AM
RE: WTT: 2011 Topps Sparkle #651 Kendrys Morales (Great Trade Up/Down Idea)
(02-04-2013 08:03 AM)bunk27 Wrote:  Good idea... I think all of us try to downsize whenever we can already... Good luck!

For sure. I would just rather unload most of my collection before it all has to sit in boxes in storage while I'm in Korea. Maybe I can ultimately downsize enough that I won't have to store any of it and I can take a small amount with me. I figured if the guys participating in the Great Trade Up Competition were successful and making it happen then I should have a good chance at this since whom ever I trade with will get 10% more in BV overall.

02-04-2013, 12:23 PM
RE: WTT: 2012 Topps Historical Stitches #MM Mickey Mantle (Great Trade Up/Down Idea)
Probably didn't set this into motion with the right card. Here's a personal favorite, maybe this will draw more attention.

02-04-2013, 06:24 PM
RE: WTT: 2012 Topps Historical Stitches #MM Mickey Mantle (Great Trade Up/Down Idea)
Bump...???? Not one offer yet, starting to think I've made a fool of myself here. Anyone want to prove me wrong?