`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2007 Ultra Hobby vs. Retail help

2007 Ultra Hobby vs. Retail help
I'm having a hard time with something. I collect anythng Erik Bedard with the Orioles and I cannot for the life of me tell the difference between retail and hobby versions of his 2007 ultra base card. I'd like to add one of each to my collection but I actually want to make sure I really have 1 of each and not 2 of the same. I know the gold medallion are easier to tell apart since one is numbered but the base cards I am unsure of. Please help!!

RE: 2007 Ultra Hobby vs. Retail help
Been an issue for years.

I build the hobby or SE set and constantly had to deal with people trading me the retail

Easiest way to describe it is the name and logo on the retail copies is not light reflective and looks more like aluminum foil where as on the hobby it is more holographic looking or light reflective
My Bucket - w/ PC & Up For Sale Scans (NOT BACK UP TO DATE YET)

(02-03-2013, 01:39 AM)the cardboard fan Wrote: Been an issue for years.

I build the hobby or SE set and constantly had to deal with people trading me the retail

Easiest way to describe it is the name and logo on the retail copies is not light reflective and looks more like aluminum foil where as on the hobby it is more holographic looking or light reflective
Ahh gotcha. I'll have to go take a closer look at mine. Thank you for the help

So, basically silver foil to holofoil?
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!