`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am maturing or going crazy

I am maturing or going crazy
I have to be doing one of the two. Over the past week, ive started trading cards that i never thought id trade. These were cards that i thought i had too much of an emotional connection with ive let go, IN THE OTHER GUYS FAVOR for high end cards. For example, this week i did a 7-1 trade, 4 of them were legend autos from exquisite! Now, am i just becoming more mature as a collector, realizing that quality outweighs quantity? Or have i just gone bat beep crazy?
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

RE: I am maturing or going crazy
everyone's tastes changes over time. and you can think of it as the other guy wanted, needed, or could find someone else that would enjoy those cards too.

i can't afford to keep a collection, but i do enjoy having owned a lot of cards that were at one time popular (i.e. mcgwire bat card, two 2001 spx ichiro auto rc, 2010 bowman chrome brcye harper auto, 2011 bowman sterling mike trout #ed to 5, etc.)...all of which i could say that at one time i owned/pulled them. though it would drive my late wife crazy when i would tell her "i owned that card...sold it for $x...normally 10 times less than the price i was telling her about."

(02-03-2013, 02:06 AM)kstjst Wrote: everyone's tastes changes over time. and you can think of it as the other guy wanted, needed, or could find someone else that would enjoy those cards too.

i can't afford to keep a collection, but i do enjoy having owned a lot of cards that were at one time popular (i.e. mcgwire bat card, two 2001 spx ichiro auto rc, 2010 bowman chrome brcye harper auto, 2011 bowman sterling mike trout #ed to 5, etc.)...all of which i could say that at one time i owned/pulled them. though it would drive my late wife crazy when i would tell her "i owned that card...sold it for $x...normally 10 times less than the price i was telling her about."
Better hope the wifes not reading this lol

Ive been trying to get the...i guess ex is the proper title...for months...shes really close lpl

I think you might be finding your niche (unsure of spelling) in the hobby.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

idk...I still say I must be going nuts lol

Quality outweighs quantity by far. I sold probably 90% of my collection over the past 2 years in order to acquire rare BGS graded Jeters, Pujols, and PSA graded rookies. Cards I never ever thought I would part with went up for sale. My collection is severely reduced, nice, neat, and organized. I went from buying and trading anything I could get my hands on to focusing on a couple main goals. Way happier for it Smile
[Image: Untitled_zpsec8eef53.jpg]

I be collecting BGS Jeter RC's & Tom Seaver (Mets Uniform) Autos/Patches

My PC Bucket.

http://s944.photobucket.com/albums/ad281/mjkata78/

Quality is much better than quantity. As a player collector Of Junior when I first started taking my collection serious I wanted every patch, auto or jersey card in existence. Well, I eventually didn't feel fulfilled by that as the quality of cards or design took a huge nosedive in my opinion. Even my HOF collection had a sell/ trade off where I didn't keep anything. Started from scratch because, while I enjoyed having the autos of these great players there was no consistency to the collection, sticker/on card autos, no two cards from the same set. It was so random and cluttered looking I couldn't handle it (maybe I have OCD) then after moving and starting collecting again I knew I wanted to do it right, knowing I wouldn't waste my own time and effort on the process. All in all I've stopped and started collecting 5-6 times in the last 15 years. Each time refining my efforts and becoming more focused
no org, please do not send trade requests

UPDATE: I just sorted my shoe boxes...They were broken up by sport. I pulled all of the NON-PC pieces...granted I LIKE some of those cards I pulled, but tehy aren't omg I can't get rid of pieces...it's scary how small that part of my collection is.

Now...how do I get rid of all this extra, get down to the meat and potatoes if you will?

Load 'em up. You just never know what someone else might want, or what they too might be willing to give up for just the right item.
Mike Piazza supercollector: 4,267 different Beckett items
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile

Oh theyre loaded up lol