`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Mantle Signature question

Mantle Signature question
I am new to here because in buying storage units I have found one had about 200000 cards (most are common I am sure). Included in this find are some pictures with autographs and three of those are Mantles. My question is where do I find a reputable person in Arizona to tell me if they are authentic since I have heard that there are a lot of fakes. Thanks so much for your time.

RE: Mantle Signature question
(02-02-2013, 08:57 PM)Oakmoore Wrote: I am new to here because in buying storage units I have found one had about 200000 cards (most are common I am sure). Included in this find are some pictures with autographs and three of those are Mantles. My question is where do I find a reputable person in Arizona to tell me if they are authentic since I have heard that there are a lot of fakes. Thanks so much for your time.
You can send them to James Spence for an authenticity check. I don't have info and I don't know the cost. I think that PSA (maybe Beckett, too) does the same thing.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Yup, send them in to JSA.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

Try posting scans here. There's plenty of people on Beckett who can give you an idea of whether its worth your time/money to get them authenticated.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

Scan them in, get opinions of collectors. If they loo good send them in if try look awful save your money.
[Image: n0Ji6.png]

Thank you all for your suggestions. I will try to get them uploaded first to see if they are good enough to send to the people you suggested. I certainly appreciate all of the assistance!

Step 1: Open a free account on photobucket.com. Step 2: scan your photo and upload it to your photobucket. Step 3: Copy the imgur code and paste it in this forum.

Your second best bet (if you're accessing beckett from your iphone) is to download the "puush" app. Then, take a picture of your picture and post the link here.

Good luck!
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*