`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
One HORRIBLE Box of Contenders

RE: One HORRIBLE Box of Contenders
From what I have read from I think it was the Panini blog, the cards where they don't have the white section along the bottom (Chris Givens in this case) were all suppose to be on-card autos. But they had trouble getting these signed up the players in time (cannot fully blame Panini here) so they went with sticker autos to reduce the amount of redemptions. I guess Panini made the call that more sticker autos and less redemptions was better for this release than the other way around.
Collecting: Miles Burris ~ Howie Long ~ Tyvon Branch ~ Stefen Wisniewski ~ Lamarr Houston ~ Rod Streater ~ Rhett Ellison

From what I've seen, it's one on card auto per box. You're "lucky" if you get two. You're also "lucky" if you get 6 autos in a box. I'm quoting "lucky" because when you get a kicker's or a lineman's autograph as your sixth, how lucky can you consider that?!

(02-08-2013, 03:11 PM)ekalbNZ Wrote: From what I have read from I think it was the Panini blog, the cards where they don't have the white section along the bottom (Chris Givens in this case) were all suppose to be on-card autos. But they had trouble getting these signed up the players in time (cannot fully blame Panini here) so they went with sticker autos to reduce the amount of redemptions. I guess Panini made the call that more sticker autos and less redemptions was better for this release than the other way around.
As i said, its understandable that they might have reasons for it and it does appear from their website that Panini did change their marketing materials (at the last moment it seems) to no longer reflect the guarantee of 2 on card autographs - but it is still a bit shady in my opinion to make a major last minute change like that even for good reasons. In my opinion, delaying the release again or yes using more redemptions would be preferrable to making a last minute change (Which people many not be aware of) at the last moment.

And i totally stand by my statement that this is not the first recent shady marketing thing that Panini has done recently (2012 Rookies and Stars Longevity? Crown Royal retail "Look for Aaron Rogers autographs" even though apparently all veteran autographs in Crown Royal are hobby only (and the horribleness of Crown Royal retail should become legendary)? Panini Heroes and Legends (or whatever it was called) promising an "autorgraph or memorabilia card per box" on the outside of blaster boxes and on the inside packages revealing that there were no autograph sets included in retail?) At the minimum, if not shady Panini has been operating in a manner which could qualify as shoddy. Last thing I bought from them (Crown Royal hobby) had 2 redemptions in 4 packs.

I just got offered $40 for my Bolden...does anyone know if this is a SP or not?

I swear every break on here has at least one Devon Wylie, Chandler Jones or Marvin McNutt auto.