`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.88 Average
MJ Pickups UPDATED 11/12

RE: Recent MJ Pickups UPDATED 3/23 Last Page!
(03-23-2013, 06:25 PM)odditycards Wrote: Nope...no autos for me. I went for the 'quantity' of different cards and not the $$$. I would rather have 1000 $1 cards to look at and have, than one card worth $1000. Just the way my collection went.
Yeah that is how mu collection started too. Now im trying to get some nicer pieces.
(03-23-2013, 06:33 PM)buckunteer Wrote: ahahaha was that spx force an eBay pickup, Nick? I was bidding on one to replace my raw copy. Mine actually looks really nice and I think has a shot at a 9.5, but I saw that BGS 9 and was winning on it til the last few minutes :-P

It is a sweet card though, I wouldn't begrudge you!
Yes it was an eBay pickup! Sorry if i outbid you. Glad that you already have it. Compare your card to mine. This card only got graded down on surface. I bet the hologram part.

[Image: Nick.jpg]

RE: MJ Pickups UPDATED 4/5 Last Page!
Here are a couple of my recent pickups. Nothing huge and havent got much lately. Let me know what you think!

[Image: 88_zps12524130.jpg]
[Image: 100_3228_zpse29fc748.jpg]
[Image: 100_3227_zps6c28f199.jpg]

Love them bro ..keep them coming!!!

(04-06-2013, 03:34 PM)mickey7mantle7 Wrote: Love them bro ..keep them coming!!!
Haha I will try! I am running out of mid-level cards to buy and only have a lot of the higher end stuff. Right now my range in buying cards is between 100-225. I have a list of cards I want but outside of the 8-10 cards I want, there arent many more that I can afford.

solid adds! I'm trying to step up and get some more of these mid-level cards. Can't usually afford them graded though, so I have a HUGE grading order (over 60 that I want to send in at this point, probably won't send them all at once) sitting to send in soon. Waiting for the right monthly special.

Oh, and I got the Finest gold MJ yesterday, so thanks for that!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

(04-06-2013, 03:36 PM)nickm1123 Wrote: Haha I will try! I am running out of mid-level cards to buy and only have a lot of the higher end stuff. Right now my range in buying cards is between 100-225. I have a list of cards I want but outside of the 8-10 cards I want, there arent many more that I can afford.
Yea they get pricey! ...

Think the last higher end one I bought was this for 380+! Favorite (top 5 ) MJ insert of all time.

[Image: IMG_0338-1.jpg]

(04-06-2013, 05:05 PM)buckunteer Wrote: solid adds! I'm trying to step up and get some more of these mid-level cards. Can't usually afford them graded though, so I have a HUGE grading order (over 60 that I want to send in at this point, probably won't send them all at once) sitting to send in soon. Waiting for the right monthly special.

Oh, and I got the Finest gold MJ yesterday, so thanks for that!
Good man im glad you got it! I am waiting for a good promotion too to send in some cards too! We should try a group submission.
(04-06-2013, 06:03 PM)mickey7mantle7 Wrote: Yea they get pricey! ...

Think the last higher end one I bought was this for 380+! Favorite (top 5 ) MJ insert of all time.

[Image: IMG_0338-1.jpg]
I wish i would have had the same mindset a year ago as i do now. I had the quantity mindset and not quality. There are so many cards i could own now for so much cheaper.....like the card you posted.

I bought it towards the end of last year...quantity isn't me...lol

Quality really isn't either with this BGS 9...lol

(04-06-2013, 07:30 PM)mickey7mantle7 Wrote: I bought it towards the end of last year...quantity isn't me...lol

Quality really isn't either with this BGS 9...lol
I am happy with a bgs 9. For what a 9.5 in that same card would cost a 9 is perfectly find. That and personally it is hard to see a huge difference between a 9 and a 9.5 IMO.

RE: MJ Pickups UPDATED 4/12 Last Page!
Here are some of my recent pickups. Finally got a hold of the Game Breakers. Not the greatest grade, but still solid. These will probably be some of my last pickups for the month of April as I have spent my budget already.

[Image: 100_3236_zpsa7701eae.jpg]
[Image: 100_3235_zpsb0b2351f.jpg]
[Image: 100_3234_zpsfdcd28df.jpg]
[Image: 100_3233_zpsa39f63ec.jpg]