`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.88 Average
MJ Pickups UPDATED 11/12

RE: MJ Pickups UPDATED 5/2 MOJO Last Page!
Love 'em! I just sent my molten metal MJ in for grading, should have it back in, well, 20 days from whenever they get them haha.
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

(05-02-2013, 10:47 PM)nickm1123 Wrote: Thanks man! The ud3 cards are one of my favorite sets too
Do you have these MJ UD3's?
Cool cards to try and put together to make the set...
[Image: IMG_1268_zpsdd78cf2c.jpg]
Collecting BGS 9.5 MJ 90's inserts

[Image: MJBGS95PC_zpsaa817dfe.jpg]

(05-03-2013, 08:21 PM)hegotgame1515 Wrote: Do you have these MJ UD3's?
Cool cards to try and put together to make the set...
[Image: IMG_1268_zpsdd78cf2c.jpg]
Yes i do. I have the first two both graded bgs 9. I have the third one raw and looking to get it in at least a bgs 9 to match the other two.
(05-03-2013, 08:17 PM)buckunteer Wrote: Love 'em! I just sent my molten metal MJ in for grading, should have it back in, well, 20 days from whenever they get them haha.
Sweet man! You will have to post your results when you get them. Im putting together a lot to get graded.

[Image: Nick.jpg]

Hey one of those BGS 9s used to be mine! Smile I sent in 3 full sheets of cards (there are 13 slots on the list, so I sent 39 cards in!) I sent in I think 17 or so MJs, every one booked at least $40. I really think several of them have a solid chance at a 9.5 (including that molten metal one), so in a pinch I could make some nice money if I had to sell them, being a poor grad student and all haha.

Let us know what you send in too!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

(05-03-2013, 11:27 PM)buckunteer Wrote: Hey one of those BGS 9s used to be mine! Smile I sent in 3 full sheets of cards (there are 13 slots on the list, so I sent 39 cards in!) I sent in I think 17 or so MJs, every one booked at least $40. I really think several of them have a solid chance at a 9.5 (including that molten metal one), so in a pinch I could make some nice money if I had to sell them, being a poor grad student and all haha.

Let us know what you send in too!
I think I am only going to send in 15-18 cards this time. All MJ, possibly 1-2 Klay Thompson cards. But most likely not. I have a couple refractors I want to send in and I am still debating on sending in my MJ auto (That I personally pulled). When I look at it it looks as if the card will have horrible centering. It personally looks like it was shaved or even cut wrong at the factory. Since I pulled it myself, I know it is a legit auto...unless someone tampered with the box.

These are on the way to Beckett, most should get gold labels!
Sorry about the hi-jack, what did you guy's send in?
[Image: bgssubmission_zps4be9da7b.jpg]
Collecting BGS 9.5 MJ 90's inserts

[Image: MJBGS95PC_zpsaa817dfe.jpg]

I sent in two of the same cards you did! A Hooperstars (probably an 8.5) and the platinum portraits (Good shot at a 9.5). I'm not as picky about the super high grades, I just want them protected and all at least 8.5s+. Have a couple 8s, but they were pack-pulled when I was a kid and I had them for so long they were bound to have some issues (plus one was 7.5 on the centering haha).

I also sent in a bunch of Mitch Richmonds because I will probably have the best graded Richmond collection on the planet after this order. I think I sent in 9 Mitch autos, several from when he was still playing, another 3 refractors to go w/ the 8 I already have graded, and some low-numbered and GU inserts as well.

Also sent a 97-98 Topps Autographs of Clyde Drexler b/c I'm going for one auto of every Dream Teamer and I'd like all of them graded as well.

And yes, we definitely hijacked the thread haha. Sorry Nick!

RE: MJ Pickups UPDATED 5/16 MOJO Last Page!
Since I sent some of my cards in for grading this month, I havent picked up any new MJs. I did pick up this card. The scratches are on the case itself. I had this card raw but I am glad I picked it up graded so I did not have to send it in. I will sell the raw copy. Let me know what you think.

[Image: 100_3279_zpsd9fd8425.jpg]

Love the card. Might have to try and find myslef a copy of it. I kind of wish the sub grades were still on the back...When I have a BGS 9 and the subs are 9,9,9,8.5..It bugs me a little to see that 8.5.
NBA 50 GREATEST AUTOGRAPHS - 48/50 - 96%

50 Greatest still need - Chamberlin, Maravich.

(05-16-2013, 11:41 PM)arabiansnowgriz Wrote: Love the card. Might have to try and find myslef a copy of it. I kind of wish the sub grades were still on the back...When I have a BGS 9 and the subs are 9,9,9,8.5..It bugs me a little to see that 8.5.
Thanks! This card is a tough grade because of the surface. In the lower left hand corner there is a cirucular indent. It is caused from the UD Hologram logo on the back. I have this BGS 8.5 and my raw copy and both have the same mark. The surface on this card got an 8. The edges on this card are also tough.