`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some Ebay sellers are ridiculous (a rant)

RE: Some Ebay sellers are ridiculous (a rant)
(02-03-2013, 02:11 AM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: Showing off how smart and successful he is in life.
Whew...thought you were talking about me for a second Tongue lol
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

Nope. There was somebody talking about taking chances and if they hadn't they'd be working 40 hours a week and only making $60,000 a year. Personally, I'd love to work 40 hours a week and make ONLY $60k, as opposed to 50 hours and about half that.
Maybe I'm just setting my sights too low, but I'd be pretty content and comfortable making that much money per year. But if that's not enough for ya, more power to ya, I guess.
Kepler

Yeah, that's ridiculous.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

Sorry if it's offensive to you that I tend to defend my fellow eBay sellers. We get attacked all the time from abusive buyers who think that just because they send us an offer, ANY OFFER, we should take it and be thankful. The zero interest comments when there are over 100 page views, when page views are unique visits, demonstrates that line of thinking. Only the seller knows what that offer actually was, if it was a legitimate one or some $1 insult.

If the card is that important to you why not throw an offer at him and use the other five cards as trade bait? There must be other people like you out there who can't find those remaaining cards. There's probably others building that set. I was talking to a friend at work on Friday and he's planning on starting a PC of Blacks. The point is, you should look at buying this lot as an opportunity, not a source of frustration.

Now if you'll excuse me my stew is starting to grow a skin on the top and I need to take my wooden spoon to it.

By the way, if you have to brag about how much you make you aren't a success. When's the last time you heard someone like Lebron talking about his bank account? Bill Gates defines his success as eradicating polio on Earth. Just ignore someone who obviously isn't happy and thinks bragging about his median income makes him look good. $60k a year? Depending on his age that's below average.

(02-03-2013, 11:16 AM)pacrimcollectibles Wrote: By the way, if you have to brag about how much you make you aren't a success. When's the last time you heard someone like Lebron talking about his bank account? Bill Gates defines his success as eradicating polio on Earth. Just ignore someone who obviously isn't happy and thinks bragging about his median income makes him look good. $60k a year? Depending on his age that's below average.
To put what he's talking about into context, the person who he's talking about posted in a thread started by another member. The OP of that thread had discussed the idea of starting some sort of OPG or something that solely dealt with tracking ebay sales. A few people chimed in with some of the issues that they would run across in attempting to do this and why it likely would not work.

Now the person that is being discussed here suggested that you can't accomplish some things unless you take a risk. Apparently, said person took some sort of a risk that worked out for him and thus was able to improve upon his $60,000 a year salary. Personally, I don't see this as bragging or acting better and see it more as his providing a personal example as to how something can work out if you take a risk, and I'm sure he was proud of that. However, he was NOT bragging about his salary.

Additionally, $60,000 a year can be great in one area of the country and be the equivalent of $30,000 a year depending on where you live as well as other aspects such as how many kids they have in which more money is obviously going to help.

It's real easy to sit back and trash someone when you don't inform others of the context in which it was originally presented.

(02-03-2013, 02:23 AM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: Nope. There was somebody talking about taking chances and if they hadn't they'd be working 40 hours a week and only making $60,000 a year. Personally, I'd love to work 40 hours a week and make ONLY $60k, as opposed to 50 hours and about half that.
Maybe I'm just setting my sights too low, but I'd be pretty content and comfortable making that much money per year. But if that's not enough for ya, more power to ya, I guess.
Funny stuff.........you totally missed the relevance of my post. Didn't mean to offend you. My point was I was making 60k a year and miserable at my job. I took a risk, a large risk, everyone told me my idea was not a good idea. I took the risk anyways. ( because the original poster had everyone telling him his idea was awful, is similar to what people had told me)

Ever leave a 60k year job and spend your life savings on an idea when you have a family to take care of?

The risk paid off.....I won't tell you the outcome of my risk, this way you will sleep well at night.

(02-03-2013, 12:17 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: To put what he's talking about into context, the person who he's talking about posted in a thread started by another member. The OP of that thread had discussed the idea of starting some sort of OPG or something that solely dealt with tracking ebay sales. A few people chimed in with some of the issues that they would run across in attempting to do this and why it likely would not work.

Now the person that is being discussed here suggested that you can't accomplish some things unless you take a risk. Apparently, said person took some sort of a risk that worked out for him and thus was able to improve upon his $60,000 a year salary. Personally, I don't see this as bragging or acting better and see it more as his providing a personal example as to how something can work out if you take a risk, and I'm sure he was proud of that. However, he was NOT bragging about his salary.

Additionally, $60,000 a year can be great in one area of the country and be the equivalent of $30,000 a year depending on where you live as well as other aspects such as how many kids they have in which more money is obviously going to help.

It's real easy to sit back and trash someone when you don't inform others of the context in which it was originally presented.
Thanks LynnRice, you've always been a quality voice of reason. People tend to read and interpret based off emotion, heck I am guilty of it at times. The OP's original idea was not that far fetched...just trying to give him some encouragement to negate all the negativity he was receiving.

But I was on hiatus from the boards for a few months, slowly going to try and get back in the posting mood, but really getting away from the modern stuff, and these boards focus a lot on the modern stuff. I just go back to the hot names of 1988 and realize 80% of today's players will be no names in 20 years.
Collecting Bob Feller, 1951 Bowman, anything Cleveland.

[Image: SonnyDay.jpg]