`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey Randi

RE: Hey Randi
(02-05-2013, 09:53 PM)rmpaq5 Wrote: The very first school I taught at, a boy was hit in the nose with a ball and every teacher, educational assistant, secretary, custodian...the whole ball of wax...was named in a lawsuit claiming negligence(sp?..yes I'm a teacher shhheeesh) because precious little boy couldn't catch the freakin ball thrown to him by his friend. Here's the kicker...the school board settled, therefore legally taking responsiblity, and no kids were allowed to bring balls to play with at recess anymore because of the result. Now we have initiatives brought to us to improve child fitness and obesity, but hey, don't play sports at recess its dangerous. I have no idea if that is still the case at that school (I have since moved and work in a different school board). So ya, we do have our stupid lawsuits also.
Lmao, I just thought of Canada and our snowball fights...that kid would be in trouble .

(02-07-2013, 08:20 AM)705-janveaux Wrote: Lmao, I just thought of Canada and our snowball fights...that kid would be in trouble .
I remember in grade 3 our teacher would actually take us outside in the winter during gym FOR snowball fights. If I did that with my class I wouldn't be able to teach anywhere in Ontario! Ahh the early 80s how I miss you so. Kids are eating lunch right now....boy would I like a snowball handy sometimes Smile
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

(02-07-2013, 01:07 PM)rmpaq5 Wrote: I remember in grade 3 our teacher would actually take us outside in the winter during gym FOR snowball fights. If I did that with my class I wouldn't be able to teach anywhere in Ontario! Ahh the early 80s how I miss you so. Kids are eating lunch right now....boy would I like a snowball handy sometimes Smile
I remember my grade 7 teacher telling me and my friend that, because we threw snowballs at a wall and throwing snowballs was a form of hitting, we were going to be wife beaters when we grew up because we were throwing snowballs now.

I got extra detention for pointing out it's more likely we would beat our walls than our wives. That guy was a total dbag.
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com