Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hank or jackie?

hank or jackie?
hank aaron rc or jackie robinson rc??

RE: hank or jackie?
javkie, every time and twice on sunday

and it aint close. li ove hank aaron. the jackie robinson is just a more significant card in just about every respect

found a psa 3 robinson for $800

just my advice:

you seem to have the money for it: with the jackie...it's a beautiful card: spend the money for a PSA 5.

ive consulted for clients before, and i always tell them: a nice looking jackie is the centerpiece of your collections

a jackie with a clean front? just looks incredible. though i will say i prefer how they look in bgs cases. psa's labels always looked cheap to me

[Image: robinson_zpsfca13154.jpg]

This is the jackie I was talking about for $825

That Teddy Ballgame is one of my favorite cards ever.

Just sayin'
-:Mets:-:NY Rangers:-:Twins:-:Wild:-:Vikings:-

I'm a little (or a lot) biased, but my vote is for Hank.
[Image: Screenshot2012-08-02at100731PM.png]

(02-01-2013, 11:28 PM)krykslr Wrote: I'm a little (or a lot) biased, but my vote is for Hank.
lol..it wouldnt have anything to do with you being a braves fan would it??? but besides that what do you think of the card?

(02-01-2013, 11:32 PM)blackitalian Wrote: lol..it wouldnt have anything to do with you being a braves fan would it??? but besides that what do you think of the card?
Nope, nothing at all Wink

But outside of that, I consider the two to be equals. Jackie, as everyone knows, was the first African American to play in the major leagues. That's a big deal.

Hank Aaron, not only went through many of the same racial harrassment throughout his chase for Ruth, and despite death threats, persevered and surpassed Ruth.

As far as the cards, I don't personally like the looks of Robinson's RC. It looks like he has a funny look on his face. The Aaron RC is gorgeous. It's got wonderful color and the portrait of Hank is beautiful.

I will say, you won't go wrong with either choice though!
[Image: Screenshot2012-08-02at100731PM.png]

I would have to go with Jackie RC as well for the social significance of that piece.

Plus, with the Jackie Robinson movie coming out, it will go up in price.

Mike