IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
its an addiction

its an addiction
Well two weeks ago i traded for a cut signature

...two weeks later im up to three lol

Now, its killing me because im trading 3-4-5-6-7 cards for one, obviously in their favor, but these cards are just so amazing!
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

RE: its an addiction
I have a 2012 herb score if your interested....
I collect "THE 27 CLUB" - Matt Kemp & Mike Trout RC's
[Image: RyinvZK.png]
[Image: beckett2_zps5fe6c285.jpg]
~! KEEP THE HOBBY ALIVE !~
Props to jbel4331

Depends on what set its from

I've never seen or held a cut card in person...stupid question....how thick are they? I figure quite a bit thicker than a standard card to paste the auto off of whatever in the card
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

(02-01-2013, 01:58 AM)rmpaq5 Wrote: I've never seen or held a cut card in person...stupid question....how thick are they? I figure quite a bit thicker than a standard card to paste the auto off of whatever in the card
All mine so far are the thickness of a reg jersey card. Now, the leaf uts tend to be really thick, like exquisite patches lol idk y they have to be so huge though lol

Well thats collecting....You like what you like. Cut autos are impressive in most cases and a lot of people dont like to part with them. But if you like them as much as you say you do then I wouldnt worry about what you are giving up for them. As long as you arent shorting yourself too much. And I think in the long run they are going to be more valuable than most other modern day autos. But cut sigs rarely ever increase in value because they arent playing in the game today. The market is set for them. And you also dont have to worry about them going down too much in value either. I think its a smart investment.

(02-01-2013, 09:44 AM)joba the clark Wrote: Well thats collecting....You like what you like. Cut autos are impressive in most cases and a lot of people dont like to part with them. But if you like them as much as you say you do then I wouldnt worry about what you are giving up for them. As long as you arent shorting yourself too much. And I think in the long run they are going to be more valuable than most other modern day autos. But cut sigs rarely ever increase in value because they arent playing in the game today. The market is set for them. And you also dont have to worry about them going down too much in value either. I think its a smart investment.
Im usually having to go somewhere between 25-30% in their favor, which isnt too bd, but im running out of tradables FAST lol

I bet you will eventually become a little more picky. I think this applies to starting almost any new collection. At first you want everything, then you start to figure out what you REALLY like. For example, my opinion on cut autos:

They're a great way to create certified autos for deceased/old timers, but lets face it - eye appeal is really lacking on the majority of these cards. Therefore, if a player has a good amount of regular auto cards then I don't really see the point in getting a cut auto that is probably just the guy's name with an white index card auto. I've found that some of the earlier versions from the early 2000s that actually have the player's picture tend to sell much better. Seems like the 2011 SP Legendary Cuts have a lot of boring looking ones like this (not an active ebay listing):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FREDDIE-FITZSIMM...5aecdac72a

Anyway, OP, good luck with the new cut auto collection! Some great stuff out there to collect.
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

Cut autos are sweet. If you like them as much as you seem to, maybe make it a PC.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

Cut auto are awesome. How else you going to get autos of players that have been deceased before the year of 2000.

[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]