`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seem fishy?

Seem fishy?
So I'm bidding on an item that ends today. Get an outbid notice so I go and look it up to see. It was at 40 when I started and more than doubled over my high to outbid me with 3 hrs left. While its not unheard of to be outbid in just one bid I clicked the bidder history and the bidder has 36 bids in the last 30 days. All within the last 4 hrs except 3 which were yesterday. 11% of which were with this seller. Something justs seems off to me about it. How about you?
no org, please do not send trade requests

RE: Seem fishy?
He kept bidding little by little until he past your max.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

It shows only two bids made. His automatically putting me past my max.

I thought the 36 bids were on that item.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

your not alone on that lately. as for the 11% thing it could be shakey but there are alot of guys i buy alot from so im sure i have % that high on some
[Image: griffeypanel_zps5b8ec0f2.jpg]
ALSO LOOKING FOR ANY GRIFFEY I DONT HAVE. SO LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING I NEED, ALL WANTS ARE IN.

you should check to see what that bidder ended up buying. if there's anything the buyer won then got relisted under that seller then you know for sure something is up. you can also check to see where the seller and buyer are from, if it's the same city then you know that it's either the same person, they're friends, or maybe, like griffey man 1 said, it's just a buyer who has saved that seller and checks on their items.

It sold for the 1 dollar over my max bid. Have a strong gut feeling it was a shill. I typically wouldn't say anything but his entire bid history for the last 30 days has been in the last 6 hours except 3 bids early yesterday.

11% isn't really enough to definitively conclude there was a shill bidder
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

Now if he incramentally bid up, then wed talk, i think he just got lucky with ya.
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

SHILLER!

(I just like to throw gas on the fire, sorry.)