`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2013 Topps Pull

2013 Topps Pull
Stopped at my local shop and picked up three packs of 2013 Topps Series 1. I scored a mini-Felix Hernandez which looks great and I also landed this Jordan Zimmerman game-used card. For three packs, I was pleased. I'm also glad I avoided all the recycled legends cards and nonsense - how many of those cards do we need anyway?

[Image: zim.jpg]
[Image: Signature_zpsnepr034k.jpg]

RE: 2013 Topps Pull
Not bad!
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

No way, that is sweet.
Currently collecting Mike Trout, Bo Jackson and Al Kaline.

Sets for sale or trade:

1998 Leaf Rookies & Stars-- 99.7% complete.
1999 Finest-- Complete.
2000 Bowman Chrome-- Complete.
2001 Studio---97% complete.

(01-30-2013, 09:36 PM)reagle beagle 37 Wrote: I'm also glad I avoided all the recycled legends cards and nonsense - how many of those cards do we need anyway?
Upon closer inspection, I noticed that these "chasing the Dream" or whatever they're known as (recycled legends, will do) have 2 versions of each. There's a regular and a foil-like card of each .... So not only are there a butt-load of recycled legends, but there's double the amount with the variation. ..., furthermore, No Mantle?!?!?! I'm assuming that Topps couldn't get the Mantle Estate to agree on a contract. They left card #7 slot empty ... Perhaps Series 2 will have a #7 mantle, like it should!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.