`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Auctions??? OT

Auctions??? OT
Does anyone do auctions anymore on Ebay?? I've noticed over the past year that there are less and less auctions listed. Everything is buy it now with best offers. I was looking at Sam Bradford today for example and there were 2922 items listed and only 232 were on auctions, the rest buy it nows. Crazy!!! And now Ebay has decided to not let you see what the sale price was when a best offer was excepted. I think Ebay has become a "Store" and is no longer an "
Auction" web site.
[Image: vBmHxKD.png]

RE: Auctions??? OT
you can kind of tell if you select highest to lowest price or vice versa it will fall in between the prices it actually sold for and most have maybe had them listed and they didnt sell so they just take best offers well some of them do some wont even if they have it listed that way
Photobucket

I post a lot more auctions than BIN. If I have a card worth a lot more I usually put it up as BIN or best offer but everything else gets listed as an auction. I enjoy watching the activity on my auction ones than the BINs
[Image: desmond_trufant_zpsf20c3d16.jpg]
RC - 16/29
Auto - 39/213
Mem - 2/9
1/1s - 7
Total -89/476 / 18%

I have noticed that too, which is strange. You can list tons of cards for nothing in auction-style listings. But they charge at least 50 cents for each listing in buy it now format.

Plus, a lot of the BIN prices are just outrageous. You almost can't deals on there any more.

I used to start everything at 99 cents and then it would sell for only a couple of $$$ when others with BINs were selling for quite a bit more.

When I list to sell now, I will research to see what a few of the previous items like mine sold for and list my starting price around there. I will just use an auction-style listing. That way I don't get charged with a fee every time I list something.

Listing it in auctions costs $.10 - $.25 now
RC - 16/29
Auto - 39/213
Mem - 2/9
1/1s - 7
Total -89/476 / 18%

(01-30-2013, 02:51 PM)Socrkd55 Wrote: I post a lot more auctions than BIN. If I have a card worth a lot more I usually put it up as BIN or best offer but everything else gets listed as an auction. I enjoy watching the activity on my auction ones than the BINs
I like seeing all the activity on my auctions as well, I'll check it 20 times a day! LOL
[Image: vBmHxKD.png]

Same here, I'm constantly checking lol. 1st thing I do when I wake up and last thing I do before bed
RC - 16/29
Auto - 39/213
Mem - 2/9
1/1s - 7
Total -89/476 / 18%

(01-30-2013, 02:59 PM)Socrkd55 Wrote: Listing it in auctions costs $.10 - $.25 now
I listed about a dozen last night in auction-style and didn't get charged in any of them. Maybe they have a max number you can list before you start getting charged. But I only list between 10-40 things a month. I don't go all crazy like some of these power sellers do.

Ebay has done so much to the sellers that they are trying to make it a market place vs an auctionhouse. Gotta keep the investors happy and they make more on a fixed listing than they do on an auction.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

(01-30-2013, 03:11 PM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: I listed about a dozen last night in auction-style and didn't get charged in any of them. Maybe they have a max number you can list before you start getting charged. But I only list between 10-40 things a month. I don't go all crazy like some of these power sellers do.
That's probably what it is. I used to post about 60 at a time or so. Now I hardly post anything because of the fees.
RC - 16/29
Auto - 39/213
Mem - 2/9
1/1s - 7
Total -89/476 / 18%