`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question for you die hard player collectors out there

Question for you die hard player collectors out there
Hey everybody. I've been debating something back and forth the past couple days. I'm a huge Erik Bedard (Orioles only) player collector. I have a massive collection of his and am down to basically 1 of 1's and the moments and milestones cards. I've found a couple 1/1's on some different sites but the price for them is ridiculous. What do you do in this situation? I've tried communicating with the seller to work out a better price but that didnt work. Do you feel it's worth over paying knowing it's a 1 of 1 or do you let it go hoping to get it at another time?
Also, if you any Bedards, lets talk!

RE: Question for you die hard player collectors out there
Havent been in that situation yet. I am no where close to it with the 1,000s of low end Nolan Ryan cards I still need to get. Maybe you can do a cash and trade kind of thing. Try to find out who or what he/she collects.

I think I have one or 2 Bedard cards for trade
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

just because it's low numbered or super sp'd doesn't make it any more desirable than anything else. except in the case of mega star players. scrubs and semi-stars.. they tend to be grossly overpriced on ebay or other sites because of the stigma that its amazingly great

personally I'd pay a slight premium but wouldn't overpay my own set bounderies. griffey 1/1 autos i've seen myself and heard of going for 800-900. steep yes.. but then you have guys asking 1500 or more.. no way. not unless someones absolutely nuts. even the price of the 2012 auto's are overdone
no org, please do not send trade requests

I've never seen a 1/1 of my player, but I'd probably overpay a little. I might pay more than they are worth, but not more than I am comfortable with paying.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

(01-29-2013, 11:06 PM)Orioles12 Wrote: Hey everybody. I've been debating something back and forth the past couple days. I'm a huge Erik Bedard (Orioles only) player collector. I have a massive collection of his and am down to basically 1 of 1's and the moments and milestones cards. I've found a couple 1/1's on some different sites but the price for them is ridiculous. What do you do in this situation? I've tried communicating with the seller to work out a better price but that didnt work. Do you feel it's worth over paying knowing it's a 1 of 1 or do you let it go hoping to get it at another time?
Also, if you any Bedards, lets talk!
You are either going to over pay or wait them out. If the price is ridiculous they're either fishing for a best offer or hoping someone wants it bad enough to pay up. If no one is biting on it they'll eventually ease up on it and you'll probably be able to pick it up for a more reasonable price. Everyone wants to maximize the price they can get for their cards but few are willing to let it sit unmoved for a lengthy amount of time.
He already knows you want it, I would just check back in at a later date to see if he will budge then.

set up separate accounts. email them much lower offers, about once a month. then use your main account, offer a higher amount and watch them sell to you

shady, but it works a lot of the time. it's a long game youre playing with that method, and it takes patience

The issue with a 1 of 1 is just that, it's the only one. The only value you can place on it is what you would be willing to pay for it. I hope that I can get my collection down to that point one day. Good luck!
Shawn Green PC:
377 unique cards
76 GU & Patches
5 Autos

I was considering this myself last night when I was trying to decide what goals to set. I think if you can get it without breaking yourself, do it. Otherwise, I'm not above begging. Wink Luckily (?), I have not pushed myself to that point yet. Like many of the others have said, there are still plenty of cheaper cards out there...
Mike Piazza supercollector: 4,267 different Beckett items
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile

Thanks for all the opinions. I think I'm going to just wait it out a little bit and hopefully they dont sell to anybody else in the mean time.