`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New USPS Rates

New USPS Rates
As of today, I'm not sure I'm going to be able to send cards outside of the USA. I don't know what the USPS was thinking, But i do not understand how such a drastic increase will help. It's only going to hurt everybody involved.

Sending a 3.0 oz bubble mailer to ThunderBay Ont yesterday cost me $3.55.
Today, That same package cost me $7.99.
and that was through EBAY which normally offers the discounts.

I hope somebody finds a cheaper way to ship. It's a shame. I'm 40 minutes from the border. Which leads me to my next questions to anybody living in Canada for that matter.

1) Do you have to be a citizen to have a P.O. Box?
2) How much a year do they cost roughly?
3) How much does shipping Canada to Canada roughly cost?

I dont know what else to do. A deep dark depression has hit me knowing my trades have been reduced by roughly 80%.
Looking for: Brandon Nolan, Manon Rheaume
Trilogy Ice Scripts / Ultimate Collection Premium Patches
2011-12 Upper Deck Ice / 2008-09 Upper Deck Ice
1995-96 Bowman / 1995-96 Select Certified / 1995-96 Playoff 1 on 1
2014-15 Upper Deck MVP / 2005-06 Upper Deck Ice Fresh Ice Patches

RE: New USPS Rates
Kinda crazy if you ask me.

Sent a 2 ounce one today cost me 6.16 was 3.15 before.

They do say that it is supposed to have delivery confirmation now to Canada at that price. Not sure how it works.

Well probably send most 1-2 card orders in a Plain envelope b/c the difference in price is 6.00.

(01-27-2013, 10:16 PM)hckydv7 Wrote: Kinda crazy if you ask me.

Sent a 2 ounce one today cost me 6.16 was 3.15 before.

They do say that it is supposed to have delivery confirmation now to Canada at that price. Not sure how it works.

Well probably send most 1-2 card orders in a Plain envelope b/c the difference in price is 6.00.
I dont see how they can say that because i printed off a shipping label that had no DC number on it. I was told by a post office employee that DC is not possible because they don't have the same scanners in Canada? So who knows. This is absolutely insane. I can't get over it. They said they did this so they could be competitive with other companies. Now i just won't ship at all.
Looking for: Brandon Nolan, Manon Rheaume
Trilogy Ice Scripts / Ultimate Collection Premium Patches
2011-12 Upper Deck Ice / 2008-09 Upper Deck Ice
1995-96 Bowman / 1995-96 Select Certified / 1995-96 Playoff 1 on 1
2014-15 Upper Deck MVP / 2005-06 Upper Deck Ice Fresh Ice Patches

We experienced a rate increase here as well, but it's nothing like that! Man! I would hate to lose out on my American trading buddies... as that would be about 90% of the folks that I trade with!

The only thing that I can say to the PWE situation is to let your trading partner know before you simply do it. It can cause depleted feedback for you, and can leave a bad taste in the mouths of others. I know that I would be willing to trade $3-6 in favor of an American trader just to avoid the PWEs. But that's just me! Haha! Best wishes, guys!

Randi

I might be hearing from a job I had interviewed for and I was thinking of getting back into cards more seriously again afterwards. However if postage to Canada is going to be over $6.00 now, I probably won't be able to do international trades. Not to mention that I'll have to discontinue shipping to Canada on eBay as I know many people will hit me with poor star ratings on the shipping cost even though it's what I would have to pay. I really is a shame that the USPS is doing this.

(01-27-2013, 10:21 PM)Optimus_Prime Wrote: I dont see how they can say that because i printed off a shipping label that had no DC number on it. I was told by a post office employee that DC is not possible because they don't have the same scanners in Canada? So who knows. This is absolutely insane. I can't get over it. They said they did this so they could be competitive with other companies. Now i just won't ship at all.
Supposedly the DC is new as of today so PO would have said no before today. I think the customs number off of the shipping labels is the number best I can tell and yes Canada can scan them as the do for Priority Mail and Express mail and registered mail.

(01-27-2013, 10:54 PM)rayeates Wrote: We experienced a rate increase here as well, but it's nothing like that! Man! I would hate to lose out on my American trading buddies... as that would be about 90% of the folks that I trade with!

The only thing that I can say to the PWE situation is to let your trading partner know before you simply do it. It can cause depleted feedback for you, and can leave a bad taste in the mouths of others. I know that I would be willing to trade $3-6 in favor of an American trader just to avoid the PWEs. But that's just me! Haha! Best wishes, guys!

Randi
Have been using PWE for cards to Canada that only book for 2.00 and have only been charging 1.10 shipping-- now up to 1.50.

Only had one person give me a low rating in the last 12 months.

And I don't trade on this sight only sell on the bay.

Not good news for the Hockey card trading world. There have been a lot of discussions on other forums about this topic. I have heard that using "cereal box" cardboard to reinforce the card in a PWE and taping ALL edges will allow US traders to ship to Canada for the lower $1.50 option and supposedly still be secure. As Randi states, I would definitely communicate this with the other trader prior to doing it, but other than that I think the only option is to try and make bigger trades if possible. Just to make it worth the extra cost.

I am still undecided on how this is going to effect my trading moving forward. I cant justify trading for "trade bait" anymore because eventually it is going to cost me twice as much (or more) to move those cards for an actual PC card.

Total bummer.
[Image: twobrosbanner.png]
Inventory with Scans (Working on updating)

First thing is to make sure the trade is going to be worth sending international. Me personally I don't think I will be trading unless the trade is at least $75-100 or more range. Sorry my northern neighbors no more 1 $10 card trades going international unless my fellow trader is ok with PWE. twobros hit it when saying this is going to hurt the hockey card trading very hard. I would say 90% of my trades are to Canada and it really stinks that USPS is trying to kill my favorite hobby.

Also Optimus, you shouldn't have to worry about a PO Box in Canada as your trading partner should be sending to your US address. To help save maybe a trip or 2 a month to the closest Canadian border town and ship from there.
Collecting:
Current Penguins / Sidney Crosby / Penguins RCs

[Image: 39d17c38-0760-4e5f-8be4-b6c654d92bea_zpsjsqahbfv.jpg]
The mountains are calling and I MUST GO!!!!

Personally, I will continue trading and shipping to the U.S. Sure its more pricey, but still affordable (for me).

Will suck if we start losing some of our American hobbyists though....

Tim
Collecting:
Jordan Eberle (#/to be updated soon)
Taylor Hall (#/to be updated soon)
Fistric or Dubnyk (Don't know which yet...)

Well, the USPS is going broke, so this was just a matter of time.
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com