`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Error Card

Error Card
I have an error Upper Deck card from the 1994 Denny's Hologram set that I found in some old baseball cards that I had from when I was a kid. The card has Ken Griffey Jr on the hologram side but has David Justice on the non hologram side. I have done some searching and calling around but it seems that no one has heard that this card exists. I am just trying to get some info and find out how much it is worth. Thanks

RE: Error Card
Maybe 2 cards are stuck together Smile

I dont see any errors listed for that card just the normal one
http://www.beckett.com/baseball/1994/den...jr-4055143

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Sports-Tradin...-Error.htm

I found this online. Hope it helps.

If you're interested in trading it I will give $10 trade value for it.
Looking for currently living HOF'ers Rookie Cards, Game Used, and Autographs. To include soon to be HOF'ers.

I think cards like this are generally referred to as a printing flaw rather than an error. A misprint occurs, for example, when no foil stamping is included in the Topps logo, or if the back of a card is left blank. Basically, something happened in the printing process where a step was missed.

An error, on the other, hand is where something went wrong in the design process. Like calling Cal Ripken Jr. a pitcher, rather than SS. Sometimes a limited print run of such cards will go out before they are corrected in subsequent batches. Generally, very few of the error cards make it to market and, as a result, they are rare (compared to the corrected version).
(01-24-2013, 07:27 PM)uvaspina Wrote: I think cards like this are generally referred to as a printing flaw rather than an error. A misprint occurs, for example, when no foil stamping is included in the Topps logo, or if the back of a card is left blank. Basically, something happened in the printing process where a step was missed.

An error, on the other, hand is where something went wrong in the design process. Like calling Cal Ripken Jr. a pitcher, rather than SS. Sometimes a limited print run of such cards will go out before they are corrected in subsequent batches. Generally, very few of the error cards make it to market and, as a result, they are rare (compared to the corrected version).
I should add that sometimes a printing flaw simply detracts from a card. In your case, your misprint resulted in two popular players appearing on the same card. I'm sure there's plenty of Griffey/Justice collectors who would be glad to have it. They're probably not going to pay big bucks though.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

What uvaspina said is spot-on.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

Its a wrong back, or wrong front whichever way you want to look at it lol
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

Thanks for the feedback.