Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3 Average
My Hall of Fame Project and Collection

My Hall of Fame Project and Collection
Hi guys,

Looks like this place restarted the forums since I last visited, but I'm getting back into the hobby again (Does it ever really leave you?) and figured I'd start this thread to document my progress. Don't know who from the "old" days are still around, but hello to everyone who may still be around!

Who am I? I'm a 25 Year old male, college graduate trying to get ahead and collect cardboard. Hall of Famers are my passion and focus of my collection. My Lifelong goal is to get a rookie card of every member of the NFL Hall of Fame. Players, Coaches, Admins, everyone.

Currently I own 174 of the 273 Members which means I'm 63.7% complete. I also do greats from baseball and other sports, and Braves and Texans players.

I hope to keep this thread updated with great pickups and non-shiny cardboard!

I Figure every thread needs pictures, so here are my 10 favorites in the collection!

[Image: wpayton_zps74c3b4d2.png]

[Image: ftarkenton_zps4d2d6329.jpg]

[Image: dbutkus_zpsb3e1b5df.jpg]

[Image: jmontana_zpsb99fe2da.jpg]

[Image: tbradshaw_zps3ab3858a.jpg]

[Image: rstaubach_zps28574f24.jpg]

[Image: rnitschke_zps9d1a2b8d.jpg]

[Image: elwayrookierescanned_zps4731f26a.jpg]

[Image: marinorc_zps4596c38e.jpg]
Collecting NFL Hall of Fame Rookies currently own: 174/273 Members.
I also collect Braves,Texans and other Hall of Fame rookies and autographs from other sports. Autograph's of pretty women from the non-sports world are fun to chase

RE: My Hall of Fame Project and Collection
You got a Rice RC???Wink

Very nice RC's, thanks for sharing
[Image: Mic_SPA_Banner1.jpg]

Nice stuff, I have a similar collection going as well.

Great looking cards. Really dig the Butkus. Welcome back.
Currently collect: NON-SERIAL NUMBERED autos, Topps, and Topps Chrome cards of players in Bengals uniforms.

Thanks guys.

I do indeed have a Rice rookie, and instead of posting 170 scans, figured I'd make some collages.

Quarterbacks

[Image: hofqbcollage.jpg]

Running Backs

[Image: hofrbcollage.jpg]

Wide Recievers and Tight Ends

[Image: hofwrcollage.jpg]

Offensive Linemen

[Image: hofolcollage.jpg]

Defensive Linemen

[Image: hofdlinecollage.jpg]

Linebackers

[Image: hoflbcollage.jpg]

Cornerback's, Safety's and Kickers

[Image: hofcbkickers.jpg]

Coaches - These are usually disappointing, Very few had cards issued during their careers. These are what the PSA Set registry considers a "rookie"

[Image: coaches.jpg]

Those without a "True" rookie card. Mostly Adminstrators, Coaches and pre-war players that never got a shot to be immortalized in cardboard. The PSA Set registry used to list 1991 ENOR and considered that their “Rookie” card. The “Swell” series came out the year or two prior and was also a national release which makes the “official” rookie somewhat hazy for them. I'd love to find something older.
[Image: forgottenfew.jpg]
Collecting NFL Hall of Fame Rookies currently own: 174/273 Members.
I also collect Braves,Texans and other Hall of Fame rookies and autographs from other sports. Autograph's of pretty women from the non-sports world are fun to chase

Wow, very impressive looking collection you have there.
Currently collect: NON-SERIAL NUMBERED autos, Topps, and Topps Chrome cards of players in Bengals uniforms.

Welcome back Danaconda, I look forward to continuing to inspire you to build this collection Smile
My Website: thepointguard.weebly.com
Also Collecting: Five Star Autos, '50s Topps Sets
Current Top Wants: '15 Chipper Jones & Other Five Star Autos
[Image: PGBanner_zps899b0bff.jpg]