`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the one thing I didn't miss during the lockout...

RE: the one thing I didn't miss during the lockout...
Can't stand Pierre. I hate how, as Phil said, he thinks he knows its all. I get Center Ice to watch Colorado games here in New York and Peter McNabb rubs me the wrong way sometimes too. He's just a moron. He says things that have nothing to do with the game, or he must cover his eyes during replays and describes something that never even happened. It's irritating.
[Image: Signature.jpg]

PC's
Patrick Roy PC 966/7,265 = 13.30% Complete
Brandon Yip PC 101/183 = 55.19% Complete
Nick Palmieri 93/150 = 62.00% Complete

Unique Avs Cards = 1303
Unique Nordiques Cards = 1054

3 games into the season and I'm already tired of Mickey Redmonds crying and Larry Murphy

(01-22-2013, 10:04 PM)wngfan Wrote: 3 games into the season and I'm already tired of Mickey Redmonds crying and Larry Murphy
3 games into the season and i'm already tried of red wings fans crying. ha. i mean no dis respect. I just love it i guess. I live in detroit so it's all i've been hearing. People are panicked. it's nuts. I guess i understand and all being the same town as the lions and tigers.
Looking for: Brandon Nolan, Manon Rheaume
Trilogy Ice Scripts / Ultimate Collection Premium Patches
2011-12 Upper Deck Ice / 2008-09 Upper Deck Ice
1995-96 Bowman / 1995-96 Select Certified / 1995-96 Playoff 1 on 1
2014-15 Upper Deck MVP / 2005-06 Upper Deck Ice Fresh Ice Patches

(01-22-2013, 02:23 PM)rippinwax Wrote: He speaks his mind, nothing wrong with that at all.
No he doesn't. He takes every opportunity to tell us all how much more he knows about hockey than everyone else on the planet. And when there isn't an opportunity for him to talk down to us, he creates one.

Why can't there be more broadcasters like Bob Cole and Harry Neale?
[Image: finlandbanner.jpg]
Bucket - http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/phildonu37/ (I don't update my bucket when stuff is gone)

(01-22-2013, 11:18 PM)phildo37 Wrote: No he doesn't. He takes every opportunity to tell us all how much more he knows about hockey than everyone else on the planet. And when there isn't an opportunity for him to talk down to us, he creates one.

Why can't there be more broadcasters like Bob Cole and Harry Neale?
My two favorite announcers ever! I have watched them for many years now, and I can't stand listening to most anyone else. Chris Cuthbert on TSN is good... not Bob Cole good, but good. Jim Hughson is getting better, but they pair him with Ray Ferraro, who knows NOTHING about color commentary.

I watched my Habs play Florida last night, and it was being broadcast from Fox-Florida... WOW! The announcing was boring, and Bill Lindsay could talk about how he played for the Habs' farm team no less than 100 times last night. Plus him on color had me itching to hit mute on my remote! Brutal! CBC needs to bring Cole and Neale back together! Canada will rejoice! Haha!

Randi

(01-23-2013, 07:20 AM)rayeates Wrote: CBC needs to bring Cole and Neale back together! Canada will rejoice! Haha!

Randi
Canada? The whole hockey world will rejoice!

I'll tell ya, the one thing you Canadians got right was hockey announcing. None better than Cole and Neale... ever. Many fond memories of watching CBC's HNIC double and triple headers kicked off with Cole and Neale. And the BEST playoff coverage. period.

Bucket - http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/phildonu37/ (I don't update my bucket when stuff is gone)

I loved Bob Cole for years, but he's lost his touch over the last 5-10 years. It's like watching the 1972 Summit Series and listening to Foster Hewitt struggle to keep up. Once great, but now tough to take. I really like Jim Hughson as long as he's not paired with Kevin Weekes. The best all time combo, in my mind, was Jim Robson and Tom Larscheid, though I can deal with John Shorthouse and John Garrett calling all the SportsNet games.
Chris Cuthbert is better for football, but not bad for hockey.
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

I used to get CBC back when I was in the Detroit area... haven't really "lived" there since, call it 2002 - so right in that 5-10 year range... the Bob Cole I remember must be the good one.

do what i do listen from a radio feed and watch the game on tv or on the computer
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)