`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about collection threads.

Question about collection threads.
Want to ask some opinions before I start posting. Should I just make one continuous thread to show my GU cards, Auto cards, IP/TTM cards, Signed/Game Used memorbilia or should I break them down into different threads maybe just yankee stuff and non Yankee or break them into a thread for each separate type item? Really don't want to flood the boards but want to keep the thread as organized as possible. Any feed back would be great and make it easier before I open 5 different threads.

RE: Question about collection threads.
I used to run a yearly person pickup thread, and a yearly personal ip/ttm auto thread...I stopped doing this b/c when I moved my cards around in photobucket, the links between my PB and threads were broken, and the thread just looked off...however if one was to pre-organize their scans, I think it's a great idea. That way if someone misses a big hit, or if you post at an odd time, your cards will have several more chances to be seen.
Collect Andrew McCutchen, Roberto Clemente and most current/vintage Pirates. Some Braves Dynasty like Maddux, Klesko, Javy & Chipper.

[Image: cutchbanner.jpg]

I just do recent pickups every month or so.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

So you would lean towards breaking them up by categories. The ones I would use would be Non Yankee IP/TTM Autos, Yankee GU cards, Yankee Auto cards, Yankee IP/TTM Autos, Yankee Game Used Memorbillia. I would much rather spend the extra time and setting my photobucket to work with the threads instead of just putting it out and by ends year it just looks like a bunch of broken links as I think you were getting at.
(01-22-2013, 11:36 PM)nyyankeesfan28 Wrote: I just do recent pickups every month or so.
I was going to do that as soon as I get what's already within my collection on display. As I have said before my collection is as vast or as high end as some. Mostly lower end autos and gu's and the run base, sp, parallels, minis and what nots.

(01-22-2013, 11:36 PM)nyyankeesfan28 Wrote: I just do recent pickups every month or so.
this, except weekly...Smile and then just put your photobucket link in your signature...

(01-23-2013, 05:32 AM)erasertwentytwo Wrote: this, except weekly...Smile and then just put your photobucket link in your signature...
I for one am not a big fan of the photobucket link. But I think I will just organize it in categories and set it up so when something new comes in I just will add it to the thread so it's not just jumbled together. Thanks for the input guys

(01-23-2013, 07:18 AM)RobbinsDynasty Wrote: I for one am not a big fan of the photobucket link. But I think I will just organize it in categories and set it up so when something new comes in I just will add it to the thread so it's not just jumbled together. Thanks for the input guys
I recommend doing two threads: One for yankee stuff and one for non-yankee stuff.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(01-23-2013, 02:45 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: I recommend doing two threads: One for yankee stuff and one for non-yankee stuff.
I thought doing that but other post brought but if I keep it clean no one will have to sort through the whole thread. While if I broken it all down then you could only look for what might interest you as the reader.