`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about Bowman Platinum

Question about Bowman Platinum
How can you tell the difference between the base and the refractor they both look the same from scans on ebay?
[Image: 3iOMt.png]
Collect all type of Mets cards from modern era along with Hamilton, Braun, Fielder,Lincecum, Mauer, H Ramirez, and other current MLB stars
http://s1008.photobucket.com/albums/af20...WGrizwold/

RE: Question about Bowman Platinum
The background of the refractors is contoured. It looks bumpy except for about a quarter of an inch from the border.
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

The true refractors are all numbered. Don't get confused with the emerald, ruby, and gold parallels. They are not true refractors. The number will show up right above the Bowman Platinum logo on the front of the card.

(01-22-2013, 11:47 PM)chgolf82 Wrote: The true refractors are all numbered. Don't get confused with the emerald, ruby, and gold parallels. They are not true refractors. The number will show up right above the Bowman Platinum logo on the front of the card.
That's true with the numbered refractors, but there are unnumbered refractors that have a "bumpy" background and unnumbered refractors that have a 'patterned" background. When I get home I'll find a base, purple refractor, bumpy refractor and atomic refractor. I only have a couple of the numbered refractors, I'll post them, too ..... Unless someone get to it before I do.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

The base veteran/RC label cards dont have refractor versions just a gold, emerald, and ruby versions that are not serial numbered. Only the prospect cards have refractor versions. The refractor, x-fractor, and purple refractor are not serial numbered. The refractors are a thinner then the base and have about a quarter inch "border" around a as someone else said bumpy background.
I Collect: Helton, Clemens, Dunn, Piazza, Ryan, Brook Jacoby, Braun, Harper, Strasburg, and Verlander

AND I'M WILLING TO TRADE BASE 4 BASE. REALLY!!!
COMC: JasonsCards

Here is a refractor and a base ... Note the 'bumpy' background
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Here is a purple refractor and a serial # refractor

Here's the x-fractor and the regular 'bumpy' refractor

Hope this helps ... I don't have any other types of parallel cards to use in this comparison study. Sorry.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Refractors are "bumpy" and chromed. The base is foilboard.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!