to grade or not to grade ......
Tongue 
to grade or not to grade ......
that is the question Blush

[Image: 100_7488.jpg]

one of the first AP auto's I've seen that are actually on the sticker Smile

LMK what you think Smile

RE: to grade or not to grade ......
I am prograding....but that auto will take a hit grade wise...8 or 9. They grade if the auto is consistent which it is but it has smudges where he didn't press right or something was on the marker, etc. But I would still go for it! When I'm grabbing a graded card, I don't worry about the auto grade just the card grade.

(01-22-2013, 05:27 PM)pbean Wrote: that is the question Blush

[Image: 100_7488.jpg]

one of the first AP auto's I've seen that are actually on the sticker Smile

LMK what you think Smile
[Image: Hof_zpsa29cd41a.png]

If you smoke in your home, please don't trade me.

I think the card itself is a great candidate. Your card looks pretty sharp from the scan. Charles is right about the auto but I think it still gets a 9 on the auto grade.
2012 Beckett "Super Collector"

Not to highjack your thread bro, but can someone explain what all goes into an auto grade? Thank you much!
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

Not really explaining it but I copied and pasted for you!

"10 - A beautiful, boldly signed autograph that appears nearly perfect to the naked eye. Under normal viewing, it looks like an aesthetically- pleasing autograph.

9 - This is a signature that is also very pleasing, but has slight imperfections that barely detract from the autograph. Very light bubbling or micro scratching is allowable, but no yellowing, fading, or smearing. Positioning should be nearly perfect - with just the very tips of a letter or two cut off or hidden.

8 - At this level, some flaws begin to stand out slightly. Signature is still solid and pleasing, but might be somewhat bubbled throughout, or have areas of minor scuffing/scratching that detracts from the aesthetic beauty of the signature. Only lightly visible yellowing or fading or smearing is allowed. A cut signature may only have 10% of the signature hidden (or missing, when referring to a sticker autograph). Only a very small tip of the signature may run off or bleed onto the edge."

Good luck if you do submit it pbean!

(01-22-2013, 05:48 PM)swjrp10 Wrote: Not to highjack your thread bro, but can someone explain what all goes into an auto grade? Thank you much!
[Image: Hof_zpsa29cd41a.png]

If you smoke in your home, please don't trade me.

That's a nice card... Is that pack rub on the card???

Yeah whats with the edges? They look scuffed? If they arent then I say grade that bad boy! A 9 on the auto but the protection is worth it!
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

(01-22-2013, 06:26 PM)branesergen Wrote: Yeah whats with the edges? They look scuffed? If they arent then I say grade that bad boy! A 9 on the auto but the protection is worth it!
thanks everyone Smile

if you look reaaaallll closely, you'll see the "scuffing" is actually the shelving 15+ ft. behind me, that's just how shiny the card is Smile

I like the fact it's not AP's usual "chicken scratch" even though the sharpie looks like it was drying out Sad

will wait till I talk to Beckett about the grading, I have a few I need to send in Smile

Send it send it send it lol But you know me I loooveee graded cards lol And you really dont see a sig of his actually on the sticker very often. I think thats number 3 for me lol
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

(01-22-2013, 06:55 PM)pbean Wrote: thanks everyone Smile

if you look reaaaallll closely, you'll see the "scuffing" is actually the shelving 15+ ft. behind me, that's just how shiny the card is Smile

I like the fact it's not AP's usual "chicken scratch" even though the sharpie looks like it was drying out Sad

will wait till I talk to Beckett about the grading, I have a few I need to send in Smile
Yeah, I see the shelves now...Wink sorry about that... Sweet card!!!!