`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 Card Mailday & Huge Shoutout to a Mod!

3 Card Mailday & Huge Shoutout to a Mod!
So I go get the mail and there are two packages waiting for me. I know one is a small trinket I bought for my wife, so immediately dismissed it and opened the one with a man named Randi on the return address.

A while back I bid on an Eric Staal stick card and immediately wondered, "Why did I just do that?" After praying in vain for someone to outbid me, I prayed that Randi could use it, as I knew he was gathering a small Stall collection. Long story short, I sent it to him without knowing what I was getting in return. Well, that's not entirely true. I did know that, whatever came back my way would be accompanied by this:
[Image: IMG_20130122_130902.jpg]

A litle while later, Randi made a thread that included a certain Trevor Linden card. I told him I liked it and he said it was mine:
[Image: IMG_20130122_130918.jpg]

That completes my personal Linden AU "Rainbow" of one from each team (Canucks, Islanders, Capitals, Canadiens). Now I need to find a Capitals and an Islanders GU piece and that one will be complete as well (I'm debating whether I need 2 Canucks AUs and GUs, since he played for them twice)
I was pretty happy with that, but Randi wasn't. You know that grumpy guy is never happy. No, he had to do more. I told him I didn't care what came back my way, as long as it had a decent name on it for tradebait, or if he really needed to give more in return, I always take PayPal.

Nope, he had to make sure everything I got in return was PC. There was even an incident whereby I outbid him on this:
[Image: IMG_20121211_100509.jpg]
It actually hit me while I was bidding that something of that nature might happen. It was confirmed a day or two later when I was told to stay off eBay. (I assume that order is dropped?)

Anyway, that was just me showing off a nasty patch again. What I found with the Lidstrom RC and Linden AU was not expected in the least.

[Image: IMG_20130122_130931.jpg]
2006-07 BTP Prospect Trios Bernier/Brust/LaBarbera

This is a HUGE piece for my PC. It marks the first multiplayer card to go into any of my Westside Minor Hockey PCs. Thank you Randi for the biggest addition to my PC since...well, this
[Image: IMG_20121211_100509.jpg]

Man I love that patch
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

RE: 3 Card Mailday
Those are some sick cards. Congrats. I am guilty of bidding on cards and thinking to myself why did i do that. Nice job Randi for hooking you up with some sick cards.
Collect Ray Bourque, Ryan Miller, Patrice Bergeron, Dougie Hamilton

RE: 3 Card Mailday
It's about 900% of what I thought I'd get.

RE: 3 Card Mailday & Huge Shoutout to a Mod!
Its right here...

Well... the Staal Stick

[Image: HockeyCards010.jpg]

...is absolutely gorgeous, and was a very unexpected surprise in the mail! I thank you for that! As for that patch... I am still a bit cranky about that one (always, as you said)!!! Hehe! I am glad that you like the cards I sent you, and that they were enough to cover the Staal. The eBay ban has been lifted for you... but only for now. Tongue Best wishes!

Randi

Nice additions to the collection!!

sweet patches!!! congrats
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)