`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it me or...

Is it me or...
Does it seem like the Red Wings are playing undisciplined so far this season? Not saying that if they would have won against St Louis but maybe different out come?

RE: Is it me or...
I guess it depends on what you mean by undisciplined... I would call it sloppy - not crisp passing, some bad decisions, out of position, PK not tight, PP not coordinated yet. Not to be too much of a homer, but when you lose Stuart, Lidstrom, Holmstrom, Hudler it takes some adjustment. I don't think any other perennial contender lost as many pieces as Detroit has, so I have some tempered expectations this year. I'll be happy with them keeping the playoff streak alive
[Image: finlandbanner.jpg]
Bucket - http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/phildonu37/ (I don't update my bucket when stuff is gone)

that more of what was trying to get at. i was hoping they would have been able to get a big name defense man in the off season to help compensate for the loss of lidstrom. i think up front they will be ok with jordin tootoo and big bert set to come back this week

To me, they just do not look like they have the same intensity. It almost looks like they are sitting back waiting for someone else to make a play. We lost a lot of talent the past two seasons, combine that with this offseason, and its making life frustrating for us Wings fans. They also have had problems on the road, so I'm really hoping they become that home juggernaut like they were for most of the season last year.

As mentioned above, I'll be happy as long as they make the playoffs this year.
Collecting: Kevin Hodson, Goaltender Rookie Cards, 1995-96 Fleer Metal Inserts.

for sure i think there going to be a team with alot to prove
but i also think once they get settled and they get the puck going, they will back in the playoffs.

Irony...i havent even gotten to see a game yet. I was gunna get tickets for the 25th, but after the accident...its not looking good.
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

Good teams take a little bit to gel. There's a lot of it going around the league.
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

I thought they got Colaiacovo pretty cheap, so I like that as a stop-gap until Sproul, Smith, Ouellet can really step up. I was hoping they would get Bouwmeester, but oh well. Up front, I think they're pretty stocked... eventually Jurco, Tatar, Sheehan, Nyquist will get regular time, and Brunner looks real, real good
[Image: finlandbanner.jpg]
Bucket - http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/phildonu37/ (I don't update my bucket when stuff is gone)

The problem is losing Lids, Stuart & Rafalski they have no flow coming out of the defensive zone. Howard does not look as good with them gone. Bouwmeester I think is a upcoming free agent. The good thing is they have good young talent and will have money to spend this upcoming off season.
[Image: scan0004-1-1.jpg] [Image: scan0005-1-1.jpg]
Collecting; Flyers-Red Wings-Brodeur-Cujo-Hasek-Shanahan, 04-05 Franchises Memorabilia

the loss of Nick L is the main reason in my mind

he should have been MVP a few times but it shows why he is a first ballot HOF
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)