`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.9 Average
MJ maildays: three more adds, platinum-y feel w/ scan 1-15!

RE: MJ maildays! new scan 2-22
it looks solid. These tend to grade highly, obviously, because they're metal! There is a surface scuff bottom center. Not sure if/how much it will affect the grade but I'll send it in and see.
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

Been slowing down a lot lately as my semester picks up steam, but I did pick these up recently. The standouts is an insert I've always liked, nice to get it graded; the platinum portraits was courtesy of a trade w/ TBarn and I will probably be sending it in!

[Image: newMJs3-5001_zps2509d239.jpg]

Thanks for looking Smile
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

(03-05-2013, 01:58 PM)buckunteer Wrote: Been slowing down a lot lately as my semester picks up steam, but I did pick these up recently. The standouts is an insert I've always liked, nice to get it graded; the platinum portraits was courtesy of a trade w/ TBarn and I will probably be sending it in!

[Image: newMJs3-5001_zps2509d239.jpg]

Thanks for looking Smile
Nice pickups man! Two nice cards, a couple of my personal favorites...especially the Platinum Potraits card!

[Image: Nick.jpg]

RE: MJ maildays! new scan 3-5
Nice Buck...they look great. What classes r u taking?

Thanks guys! I'm actually only taking two classes at the moment as my coursework for my PhD is winding down. However, I'm also teaching 3 classes and working feverishly on my research/dissertation to try to get out of here ASAP Smile

'nother mailday, collector's choice style!

[Image: newMJs3-17001_zps54a1e41c.jpg]

I bought so many packs of these as a kid cause I didn't have the money to buy the nicer stuff most of the time. I remember pulling a redemption card that was 1:720 and I got the "update" sets from this year (95-96) in the regular, player's club and platinum player's club versions. At one point the McDyess platinum RC booked like $60 alone haha. I still have those sets, crazy huh?

Thanks for lookin'..and Happy St. Patty's Day everybody!!

RE: MJ maildays! new scan 3-17
Nice stuff man. The platinum parallels are some of my favorites!

[Image: Nick.jpg]

RE: MJ maildays! new scan 3-17
Hooray, new MJs!

[Image: newMJs4-1001_zps2af4d7a8.jpg]

The air time is the "first class" one that was a lot harder to pull than the others, got it on the 'bay for about half of high bv. The platinum player's club MJ was a COMC special, got it for only 1/4 of bv!

The electric court was the real steal though. Somebody on eBay had this bizarre hybrid, unopened box of bball cards. Apparently in early '96, Upper Deck released boxes that had 6 series two 95-96 UD cards and 4 95-96 SP Championship cards as well. I pulled 3 Jordan Collection cards (all dubs, so they're FT!), a Glenn Robinson electric court gold and this MJ electric court gold...and the box went for $8.50!!! Can't beat a PC-need MJ that books 7x what you paid for the box!

Thanks for looking as always everyone Smile

RE: MJ maildays! new scan 4-1
Few new adds...

[Image: newMJs4-28001_zpsffc9b841.jpg]

Really happy w/ the gold signature, it's my first! Got it for around half bv Smile

RE: MJ maildays! new scan 4-28
Dang Buck! You've been busy. Great adds Love the Electric Gold And the Platinums.
[Image: 23892124190_71315005dc_b.jpg]