`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.9 Average
MJ maildays: three more adds, platinum-y feel w/ scan 1-15!

RE: Massive MJ mailday with scans!!
buckunteer.....
It's all about saving up and building up your paypal!
I bet you have 100's of MJ cards you could live without!
If you want the better cards, then simply sell some of the cheaper stuff to get the cards that may normally be out of reach!
My weekly budget is no more then $150 max!, so i haven't bought ANY cards for about a month and have been selling a few cheaper cards to build up my paypal, which is at $1500!
Next one my list is MJ 1998-99 SkyBox Molten Metal Fusion #41 /250 BGS 9.5, i didn't win the last one at auction i lost by $30 ending at $1650 or so...

It's such a great feeling when you save up and get the cards you thought you could never own!
Get yourself a MJ 1993-94 Scoring king BGS 9.5! That will start you on the right track, they normally go for $400-$550, it was the 1st card i got when i started on BGS 9.5's!

Quality over Quantity!!!
Collecting BGS 9.5 MJ 90's inserts

[Image: MJBGS95PC_zpsaa817dfe.jpg]

Thanks for the comments guys!

@hegotgame: I want to do that, I really do, but I don't have $1500 in sv of stuff to sell in the first place lol.

I appreciate that patience, but it would be so so hard to be that patient when there are a TON of nice cards that book just $20 or so that I love the look of!

Quality is preferable to quantity, but I love my base MJs and a lot of my lower-end inserts and such too.

I am planning on buying more singles and less wax (another hurdle is my LOVE of the wax haha), but my typical monthly budget is about $150, or 4x less than your monthly budget haha. I decided to spend some coin on nicer singles since I had a nice holiday windfall, but now that things have calmed down I am going to try and be pickier and more patient with my purchases Smile

I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

Congrats on the pick up. Great scoring kings there and good to see the singles! I know it's tough to give up the wax, but singles are where is at.

Sweet stuff

(01-19-2013, 10:39 PM)buckunteer Wrote: Thanks for the comments guys!

@hegotgame: I want to do that, I really do, but I don't have $1500 in sv of stuff to sell in the first place lol.

I appreciate that patience, but it would be so so hard to be that patient when there are a TON of nice cards that book just $20 or so that I love the look of!

Quality is preferable to quantity, but I love my base MJs and a lot of my lower-end inserts and such too.

I am planning on buying more singles and less wax (another hurdle is my LOVE of the wax haha), but my typical monthly budget is about $150, or 4x less than your monthly budget haha. I decided to spend some coin on nicer singles since I had a nice holiday windfall, but now that things have calmed down I am going to try and be pickier and more patient with my purchases Smile
I completly understand, it's not easy letting the cheaper cards you like go, but i think of it like this, how many times a year can you buy those cheaper inserts?
Do you see then 2-3 times a week listed?
How often can you pick up the tuff cards to find?
BMOC,NOYZ BOYZ,HOT SHOTS,PLATINUM PORTRAITS...
Those kind of cards are hard to find at times, one month you may not see any listed at all!

Those cards i mentioned are a lot of money, but when you save up and get one, you will feel like all your cheaper inserts you could have bought are not even close to how crazy your one big purchase feels!

Do me a favour, have a go at getting one big purchase and see if your happy with it!!!
I bet my collection, once you have done it once you will do it again!

With a budget of $150 a month plus a few sales of cards you really can live without, selling maybe $200-$300 worth, in 2-3 months you could buy any of those cards, or maybe a nice MJ auto, whatever you like really!

(01-19-2013, 11:52 PM)hegotgame1515 Wrote: I completly understand, it's not easy letting the cheaper cards you like go, but i think of it like this, how many times a year can you buy those cheaper inserts?
Do you see then 2-3 times a week listed?
How often can you pick up the tuff cards to find?
BMOC,NOYZ BOYZ,HOT SHOTS,PLATINUM PORTRAITS...
Those kind of cards are hard to find at times, one month you may not see any listed at all!

Those cards i mentioned are a lot of money, but when you save up and get one, you will feel like all your cheaper inserts you could have bought are not even close to how crazy your one big purchase feels!

Do me a favour, have a go at getting one big purchase and see if your happy with it!!!
I bet my collection, once you have done it once you will do it again!

With a budget of $150 a month plus a few sales of cards you really can live without, selling maybe $200-$300 worth, in 2-3 months you could buy any of those cards, or maybe a nice MJ auto, whatever you like really!
I actually set aside the last bit of the "fun portion" of my holiday cash to try to pick up an MJ auto. I just HATE paying more than half of high bv for ANYTHING, so it's a struggle lol. I did just get a PSA 10 MJ as an upgrade though, 94-95 Playoff Heroes insert. Paid less than full bv for a PSA 10 so I could live with that haha. Beautiful card. I have one in a BGS 9 that I can sell now, so that'll go toward my fund! I really want the die-cut version as well. That's way up on my wish list.

I will keep you all updated, and I appreciate the support!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

(01-20-2013, 12:52 AM)buckunteer Wrote: I actually set aside the last bit of the "fun portion" of my holiday cash to try to pick up an MJ auto. I just HATE paying more than half of high bv for ANYTHING, so it's a struggle lol. I did just get a PSA 10 MJ as an upgrade though, 94-95 Playoff Heroes insert. Paid less than full bv for a PSA 10 so I could live with that haha. Beautiful card. I have one in a BGS 9 that I can sell now, so that'll go toward my fund! I really want the die-cut version as well. That's way up on my wish list.

Don't hate me for this......lol
I too liked the Play-off Hero die-cuts and in fact i got a few graded!
I would have given you one, but sold them a long time ago and only have one of each now....
[Image: img005.jpg]

Whats the one MJ card you have always wanted?
I'm sure there is a way you can work some sales to get what you want...

(01-20-2013, 12:52 AM)buckunteer Wrote: I actually set aside the last bit of the "fun portion" of my holiday cash to try to pick up an MJ auto. I just HATE paying more than half of high bv for ANYTHING, so it's a struggle lol. I did just get a PSA 10 MJ as an upgrade though, 94-95 Playoff Heroes insert. Paid less than full bv for a PSA 10 so I could live with that haha. Beautiful card. I have one in a BGS 9 that I can sell now, so that'll go toward my fund! I really want the die-cut version as well. That's way up on my wish list.

I will take the BGS Playoff Heroes insert of your hands. PM!

[Image: Nick.jpg]

Congratulations on some awesome pick ups. Really great looking MJ's! I am coming out of collecting hibernation/retirement so it is cool to see what's out there that I missed.

3 9.5s of that card? Unreal. If you bought them early you probably turned a tidy profit though. If you feel the need to pick up another for me as a late wedding present, please feel free!