`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Why PED users don't belong in the HOF

RE: Why PED users don't belong in the HOF
People forget that Bonds claims to never knowingly took steroids. The clear and cream. Different from yes I did and no I didn't he just claims never knowingly took it.

(01-21-2013, 09:17 PM)RobbinsDynasty Wrote: People forget that Bonds claims to never knowingly took steroids. The clear and cream. Different from yes I did and no I didn't he just claims never knowingly took it.
Yeah, that's what he claims. But reasonable minds can reasonably infer that he knowingly took them. In a different (far more serious) context, we can say that O.J. is not criminally guilty of murdering his ex-wife. But we all know that he was responsible for her homicide.

At any rate, while I think there's a fine, perhaps blurry line in there somewhere, public perception isn't a court of law. That means people don't need to believe he's "guilty" of using steroids beyond a reasonable doubt. I've read a fair amount on it and I'm reasonably convinced that he knowingly took an array of banned substances with the intent of cheating. Same with Clemens and Sosa. The other guys, I don't know as much about, but I do know that a lot of them had suspicious production during the steroid era. So, personally, I'm not in any big rush for the whole lot of them to be voted in. Maybe my feelings will soften over time. Maybe not.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

Crazy thing is only a handful of "cheaters" have the numbers to get in. bonds, Clemens, Rodriguez. Who else in the area that has a grey area about them has the numbers

This is a simple point the finger blame game. In the 90's MLB banned PEDs, but it wasn't until the 2000's that the really started testing. Hmmmmm wonder why? Maybe because MLB was boring. No one can sit here and tell me when when bonds and McGwire were going for the most hr in a season race wasn't exciting. Or watching mcqwire hit hr over the green monster during the all star game didn't give you goosebumps. Sure they did something illegal, but MLB didn't care (that's why they didn't test,because they knew). So, thank you for making the game exciting, but you're not "good enough" for the hall of fame. Also, we can't sit here and tell our kids PEDs are good even though they are illegal, but we can teach them about them. He said in his article they don't belong in the hall because they cheated. So do you turn yourself into the cops every time you run a red light, or go over the speed limit? Probably not.

OK...bad analogy.
(01-21-2013, 04:57 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: I can honestly say that I wouldn't rig the lottery.

(01-21-2013, 09:40 PM)RobbinsDynasty Wrote: Crazy thing is only a handful of "cheaters" have the numbers to get in. bonds, Clemens, Rodriguez. Who else in the area that has a grey area about them has the numbers
Manny Ramirez,Sammy Sosa, Mark McGwire, Rafael Palmeiro,Gary Sheffield,Iván Rodríguez,Mike Piazza. They all have the numbers to get.

I don't see Sosa, McGwire, Sheffield getting in. Manny I think takes a hit for being suspended twice Rodriguez is in and piazza will get there. The interesting one in this group is palmerio as he pointed that finger then later went back and coughed it up. I don't know what's worse lying and getting caught or just being under suspicion.