`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
name a card or auto that not in your typical collection you just had to have

RE: name a card or auto that not in your typical collection you just had to have
I don't have a HAD TO HAVE IT card that doesn't fit into my Yankees PC but I do have cards that don't fit into that PC. I guess you could say it is a side project of mine to get in person autos also will be start TTMs as well. Have some Molina brothers in persons as well as J. Taillon/G. Cole game used auto ball. My son got it from Bradenton bullpen guys after a foul ball and we were playing catch with it as it got dirty then in between games had them sign it. Sorry got off track but those type things are the only things I collect outside of my Yankees PC.

RE: name a card or auto that not in your typical collection you just had to have
Most of you know that I collect Pittsburgh Pirates and IP auto's, however I do like to pick up the occasional random cert on card auto:

[Image: 004-7.jpg]

[Image: 004-28.jpg]
Collect Andrew McCutchen, Roberto Clemente and most current/vintage Pirates. Some Braves Dynasty like Maddux, Klesko, Javy & Chipper.

[Image: cutchbanner.jpg]

Nice cards Jim!
no org, please do not send trade requests

My top three would be

(Boxing) Pernell "Sweet Pea" Whitikar auto I traded for

(BMX) Matt Hoffman Ginter auto I picked up on the bay

(BASKETBALL) Lebron James 2009 Goodwin auto, I pulled this one. I am a Cavs fan, so...........FT!

[Image: PernellSweetPeaWhitaker.jpg]
[Image: MattBigAirHoffmanGinterframedminiauto.jpg]
[Image: LBJGoodwin.jpg]

LF 1934/1936 Diamond Stars
&
05 Turkey Red SPs
13 Turkey Red
12 Archives Au's
12 Archives Gold
13 Finest Master Set
Ginter mini Snakes/Fortunes/Beards/Hats/Bikes

I think mine would be the 2012 A&G Michael Buffer cards. I have one of each card, except for the 1/1's.

(01-20-2013, 10:44 PM)toddaray Wrote: My top three would be

(Boxing) Pernell "Sweet Pea" Whitikar auto I traded for

(BMX) Matt Hoffman Ginter auto I picked up on the bay

(BASKETBALL) Lebron James 2009 Goodwin auto, I pulled this one. I am a Cavs fan, so...........FT!

[Image: PernellSweetPeaWhitaker.jpg]
[Image: MattBigAirHoffmanGinterframedminiauto.jpg]
[Image: LBJGoodwin.jpg]
I wish I had that Lebron auto!
[Image: MusialCastrobanner.png][Image: 1958Castro.png]

Derek Jeter and Stan the Man
Looking for 2011-2016 Gypsy Queen Mini's. Please check my want list. Also, must send FIRST!

Top wants! 2015 Topps Gypsy Queen Mini Silver #221 Jean Segura, #273 Allen Craig, #293 Danny Salazar, #310 Al Kaline SP, #319 Reggie Jackson SP

I only collect pre-1985 Topps football and Mickey Mantle...
That said I had to have this cut auto of Muhammad Ali...
I was lucky enough to be able to afford two boxes of "Leaf Ali" when it first came out.. Against amazing odds I pulled 2 "Fight Worn" Ali cards (these were considered case hits!)

Anyway, at the National convention in Chicago I traded/sold Way to much to be able to pick this card up, but it was soooooo worth it.
[Image: a39fca35.jpg]
Collecting Vintage football and all things Mickey Mantle.
[Image: th_598ff54f.jpg]

(01-21-2013, 06:15 AM)osujeffrey Wrote: I only collect pre-1985 Topps football and Mickey Mantle...
That said I had to have this cut auto of Muhammad Ali...
I was lucky enough to be able to afford two boxes of "Leaf Ali" when it first came out.. Against amazing odds I pulled 2 "Fight Worn" Ali cards (these were considered case hits!)

Anyway, at the National convention in Chicago I traded/sold Way to much to be able to pick this card up, but it was soooooo worth it.
[Image: a39fca35.jpg]
This belongs in every PC. Great card!

As for me I am strictly an on card auto collector these days and I PC 3 players as Royals. I still have just a few cards though that have no place.

I don't think I have them all pictured though.
1. I have an old Ozzie Smith Museum Collection card. It's a dufex of him doing his trade mark back flip. It's pretty cool.

2. I have a Mark Buehrle Diamond King Sticker Auto. I loved the painted look and have always loved Buehrle as a pitcher. Just can't bring myself to part with it. Trust me I have tried.

[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html