`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
86/87 Mario lemieux blank back

86/87 Mario lemieux blank back
I have this 86/87 mario lemieux blank back card and i am wondering what the value of it would be. It is in fawless condition. Normal Picture on front but nothing printed on the back just plain

its an o-pee-chee by the way

RE: 86/87 Mario lemieux blank back
Do you have any pictures or scans of it?
It's probably a box bottom. Can't give you a value as per the site's TOS, but it's definitely one to be happy with, especially if it's in that kind of condition.
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

Just how happy? How rare is this card. Are we talking like 100. Or 500 or more. Any idea of where would be the best place to sell it
where can i find the value of it

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Well, the only way to get a value here is to purchase the Online Pricing Guide. Unfortunately, discussing values on the boards is against the Terms of Service, as it would mean only one person has to buy the OPG, and then Beckett goes broke, so I can't tell you.

You could try going on eBay or even google and searching "Mario Lemieux 1986-87 Box Bottom" or something similar. I'm about 99% sure that's what you're talking about (can't see the pictures). As for actual rarity, I have no idea and my guess is no one else really does either. There's too many variables.

All that said, I wish I had that card just to trade or sell. I, for 1, think you should feel good about it, if you catch my meaning.

(01-18-2013, 05:37 PM)wickabee Wrote: It's probably a box bottom.
I am pretty sure that the box bottom cards have printed backs and include the set number as letters (ex. A,B,C, etc).

(01-18-2013, 06:58 PM)one20 Wrote: I am pretty sure that the box bottom cards have printed backs and include the set number as letters (ex. A,B,C, etc).
Indeed they do.

As far as I know, blank backs are unpriced. Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure they're either printing proofs or error cards that weren't intended for release and so not in the price guide.

They're generally worth what anyone is willing to pay for them which is, to the extent that I've seen, less than the real, non blank back cards. I got a blank back Gretzky from the same year for $5 on eBay. You might get a bit more for the Lemieux because it's his second year but I wouldn't expect big money.
[Image: 0809bdall_sm.jpg]
Looking for: Patrick Roy, 80s OPC, 72/73 OPC
Photobucket
GO HABS!

Pretty sure it is a printing proof acrd as I have one of these Lemieux blank backs myself. They are not listed in the price guide as they were some sort of printing proof card. It is pretty hard to determine the actual value of cards like this.

Ok, I was wrong. I shall chastise myself accordingly.

(01-18-2013, 08:05 PM)opcfan Wrote: Indeed they do.

As far as I know, blank backs are unpriced. Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure they're either printing proofs or error cards that weren't intended for release and so not in the price guide.

They're generally worth what anyone is willing to pay for them which is, to the extent that I've seen, less than the real, non blank back cards. I got a blank back Gretzky from the same year for $5 on eBay. You might get a bit more for the Lemieux because it's his second year but I wouldn't expect big money.
100% agree with this
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)