`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recent Pickups and LCS Pack Wars

Recent Pickups and LCS Pack Wars
I haven't posted any news from my neck of the woods since before Christmas and I am here to update you. My girlfriend bought me two more boxes of 2012 Bowman Draft right before Christmas (since I opened the ones from BO early) and I ended up getting a red ice /25 and gold refractor auto of Kevin Plawecki. She also bought me 4 Ken Griffey Junior autographs which include 2 signed baseballs (one with COA), a signed plaque with COA and a signed Sportflix-type picture hand numbered to 1000 with COA.

[Image: DSCN0089.jpg]

[Image: DSCN0092.jpg]

[Image: DSCN0091.jpg]

Recent eBay pickups:

My first TTT booklet for $11
[Image: DSCN0103.jpg]

My first 2012 Bowman Draft Purple Ice 10/10 $5.50
[Image: DSCN0102.jpg]

eBay Bucks $9 (free) 2012 Topps Debut Dual Auto Choice/Gray 17/50
[Image: DSCN0100.jpg]

The LCS had a pack war party on 1/12/13 and my only hit from the baseball products was this:

[Image: DSCN0098.jpg]

These other prizes were awarded to us for winning a couple rounds:

[Image: DSCN0099.jpg]

[Image: DSCN0101.jpg]
KrissyNBrandon

RE: Recent Pickups and LCS Pack Wars
damn wish I knew about ebay bucks before this post. Thats a great price on the ttt I have spent up to 55 for one before. Granted that had damon,ortiz,yaz,manny and two others but still that is a great card for 11.00
[Image: banner4_zps7ecf2a69.jpg]

also dez bryant,any bama players in bama uni,john parker wilson,jered weaver,matt kemp,topps triple thread stuff,anthony rizzo

Forgive my ignorance, but how do you play Pack Wars. Is it something like everyone anti's in, picks a random pack our of a box, and whoever has the highest Bv wins?
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

Great stuff. Digging that Yankee auto.

Mike

(01-18-2013, 12:13 PM)rmpaq5 Wrote: Forgive my ignorance, but how do you play Pack Wars. Is it something like everyone anti's in, picks a random pack our of a box, and whoever has the highest Bv wins?
When I was a kid Pack Wars meant you got a buddy or two (or three), bought a fresh box of wax, then each person would pick one pack and then open them at the same time. Whoever got the highest BV single card out of their pack got to keep all the cards from the packs being opened in that round. This goes on until the box is empty.
[Image: medlendodger_zps6b1c847c.jpg]
**Looking for Kris Medlen cards, willing to trade/buy**

Nice stuff!
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

There is a local shop around that has one. Asked them how they handle this type of event. Told me that its almost done in a sort of raffle type deal. They announce the product and people buy a pack. Once all the people interested in that round then category is announced maybe shortest player, best batting average, most blocks all depends on sport obviously. More often than not only base cards would carry this type information so hitting inserts won't really be any help. If you win the round you get a ticket. This ticket goes into a jar for a chance to win different type prizes. Coupons to hooters, wax, loose packs, gift card from the LCs, combo bags of different items, heard of them giving out auto memorbilia.