`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Topps 2012 complete set...worth keeping?

RE: Topps 2012 complete set...worth keeping?
pjpitbull...not sure you have anything I want to trade the set for as I value it at around $60 still. Feel free to make me an offers though I'll listen to anything not ridiculous!

Thanks!

In terms of trading advice, keep a few things in mind:

-You'll be expected to ship first until you establish good feedback (over 20 trades or so).
-Once you finalize a trade, try to ship within a few days (and no longer than a week unless you say so up front).
-Put $5+ cards in individual penny sleeves and top loaders; lesser cards can be bundled, if need be. Always a good idea to use bubble mailers (not just plain white envelopes, or "PWE").
-Use paypal to purchase and print shipping labels. -It'll save you time from having to go to the post office, it's cheaper, and it includes free delivery confirmation. (Also, you can reuse bubble mailers and slap on new labels).
-All traders are a little different (in terms of how they value their cards, etc.), but you're bound to run into guys who generally trade autos for autos, GU for GU, etc. It's not always the case, but don't be surprised if you offer a $20 base card for a $20 auto and the guy says thanks but no thanks right off the bat. Of course, if the guy happens to be looking for that very $20 card, then it's a different story.
-In a similar vein, if you're looking to "trade up," you should expect to give up some value along the way. By this I mean, if you have 4 $5 cards, no one is likely to trade you their $20 card (even though the overall value is obviously the same). Going a step farther, if you have 50 $2 cards, no one is going to trade you their $100 card (or even their $50 card). If you're trying to trade up, start small. (eg., start turning your 50 $2 cards into 20 $5 cards, etc.). The point I'm making is not that the "value" of the cards is the most important thing. Some guys ignore BV altogether (especially when it involves a card that sells particularly well). I'm just giving you a heads up on what you're bound to encounter if you decide to start trading.
-You'll increase your trading activity if you post your own thread with scans. Open a free photobucket account and scan 10-15 cards. Then paste the image link on your thread and the offers will start coming in right away. -Tell people up front exactly what you're looking for and go from there.
-This site is great for trading. You'll find a lot of helpful people on here. Make some offers and barter away. If someone declines your offer, don't take it personally- and vice versa.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

Uvaspina: thanks for the tips...I couldn't have asked for a better answer and it gives me some basic knowledge before I start trading

Anybody else have advice on what to do with this box set

Have a ton of 2012 topps doubles to trade seeing as I'll most likely keep the box set. Willing to listen to almost anything!