`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No new NHL Rookie Cards this year

No new NHL Rookie Cards this year
I'm working on more of this story ... here's the link to the NHLPA statement.

http://bit.ly/W15F7t
Beckett Football and Hockey Editor
Email: SusanL@beckett.com
Twitter: @YanxChick

RE: No new NHL Rookie Cards this year
Kinda sad but really makes things easier for the companys for the rest of the year. UD may have thought that this was going to happen and that is why no RC redemptions in Black Diamond.

Maybe now the rest of the stuff will come out on time.

Also, will this limit how much more stuff we see between now and the end of the year?

We will probably start seeing next years stuff even earlier than usual.

I'm really happy about this since I'll have a complete years worth of Tarasenko rookies to chase next year instead of just half.
[Image: Blues%20Banner%202015_zpso4q52tdf.png]
Blues PC: 5600+ cards - Blues RCs: 781/933 - 83.7%

I thinks it's a good thing for the hobby, it'll stabilize the prices and allow for the excess wax to be broken,
Way to much product gets overlooked all because its always about wats new in collecting.
Less redundancy this year will be a nice change.
Thanks for keeping us in the loop yanxchick

Do you think UD will try to find a loophole & add this year's draft class as redemptions or as "inserts", (the way Bowman Chrome Baseball prospects are now technically not rookie cards), in future products that rely heavily on rookies like SP Authentic, Ultimate, etc. or will they just "bite the bullet" and add everyone in 2013-14 products?

(01-16-2013, 09:50 PM)azicet Wrote: Do you think UD will try to find a loophole & add this year's draft class as redemptions or as "inserts", (the way Bowman Chrome Baseball prospects are now technically not rookie cards), in future products that rely heavily on rookies like SP Authentic, Ultimate, etc. or will they just "bite the bullet" and add everyone in 2013-14 products?
Seems to me the NHLPA statement was pretty clear-- no rookies till next year.
Redemptions are possible I suppose but more like what Panini did with the NBA as inserts not true RC.

So, what does this do to my artifacts redemptions and upperdeck trade redemptions?

So does anyone know how this will affect redemptions such as the UD Artifacts Rookie Redemptions?
Set Builder but also looking for Paul Konerko, Mark Buehrle, Jonathan Toews, Patrick Kane, and Duncan Keith for my PC.

So there are zero Canucks RCs this year.
Kinda weird.
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

(01-16-2013, 11:09 PM)wickabee Wrote: So there are zero Canucks RCs this year.
Kinda weird.
Yep have to say it but I'm definitely happy about it and my bank account especially lol Can really focus on trying to catch up on previous years stuff

[Image: Signaturephoto.jpg]

Collecting all Canucks cards! Currently 6310/20359 31%

LETS TRADE!