`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2012 Topps Chrome Blaster Hot Box

2012 Topps Chrome Blaster Hot Box
I just went to Walmart to pick up some groceries and saw that their Chrome blasters were $11.99 so I said why not. All but 3 cards were purple refractors. Nothing too outstanding but got some solid cards. The highlights were:

#1 Tim Lincecum
#21 Dustin Pedroia
#26 Prince Fielder
#34 Aroldis Chapman
#85 Carlos Gonzalez x 2
#116 Felix Hernandez
#120 Matt Kemp
#133 David Price x 2
#143 Robinson Cano
#173 Brett Lawrie
#180 Yoenis Cespedes
#199 Matt Adams

There are more but those were the better ones. All are marked for trade.

RE: 2012 Topps Chrome Blaster Hot Box
Nice! Are purples numbered to 199, or not numbered?
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

Not numbered.
Currently collecting Mike Trout, Bo Jackson and Al Kaline.

Sets for sale or trade:

1998 Leaf Rookies & Stars-- 99.7% complete.
1999 Finest-- Complete.
2000 Bowman Chrome-- Complete.
2001 Studio---97% complete.

Nice. Hot box=Jealous. I always read about people getting these and i'm yet to get one. Congrats!

To me a hot box should have more than just no numbered purple refractors, I'm not impressed. I'm not trying to be negative, just think it should have at least one hit.

Rain on your parade!
I collect "THE 27 CLUB" - Matt Kemp & Mike Trout RC's
[Image: RyinvZK.png]
[Image: beckett2_zps5fe6c285.jpg]
~! KEEP THE HOBBY ALIVE !~
Props to jbel4331

I wasn't that impressed either. I buy that stuff to try to get autographed cards or other rare numbered refractors. A hot box is definitely better than a regular box but I agree with the last post. A hot box should have at least 1 autograph. Here is an idea for Topps...make a Bryce Harper purple refractor hot box....then I would be impressed. I just posted this because sadly this was probably my best break in 2 months. Since I pulled 5 autos from a box of 2012 Bowman Chrome I have not gotten much of anything. Since then I have gotten a box of 2008 Donruss Elite Extra Edition, 2012 Bowman Draft and 3 boxes of 2012 Bowman Chrome. And I did not really get any great hits from them. I may start buying singles and skipping the box breaks. But then again I say that around 10 times per year and I still buy boxes because just when I am about to give up I pulled a great card that I could not afford to buy as a single. Collecting is addicting!!!!

I agree Chris.
Hotbox should be something worth it. I opened a Topps chrome hobby box it was all refracotrs just the normal ones. But no big names, and the autos were bla.

I mean ya it cool to open a box with all normal or purple refractors but in the long run your getting just base inserts lol and poop autos lol

Refractors are great trade bait though. I think about 40% of my trades involved refractors. Thats why this site is great because what you may not hold to a high value...someone else out there has to have. But I will say that once I saw that the 2nd pack had purple refractors, I was 100% sure I was getting an auto. This box was like going to the prom with the hottest girl in school and getting a kiss on the cheek at the end of night.
(01-16-2013, 10:25 PM)pjpitbull Wrote: I agree Chris.
Hotbox should be something worth it. I opened a Topps chrome hobby box it was all refracotrs just the normal ones. But no big names, and the autos were bla.

I mean ya it cool to open a box with all normal or purple refractors but in the long run your getting just base inserts lol and poop autos lol

(01-16-2013, 10:46 PM)joba the clark Wrote: Refractors are great trade bait though. I think about 40% of my trades involved refractors. Thats why this site is great because what you may not hold to a high value...someone else out there has to have. But I will say that once I saw that the 2nd pack had purple refractors, I was 100% sure I was getting an auto. This box was like going to the prom with the hottest girl in school and getting a kiss on the cheek at the end of night.
Know how that feels, and not just in boxes Big Grin
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!