`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just heard that Panini Cancelled

Just heard that Panini Cancelled
All current hockey products that were solicited and will not produce any other ones for the reminder of the year (current season).

RE: Just heard that Panini Cancelled
Will me redemptions get honored still? Are they just quitting? lol

Called panini, prime, limited and rookie anthology will be produced, No dominion, titanium, or others that they normally do.

Has Panini indicated why these products were cancelled?

i'm curious about this as well, are there more details?

Why? What happened? Are they going broke or something?
[Image: 0809bdall_sm.jpg]
Looking for: Patrick Roy, 80s OPC, 72/73 OPC
Photobucket
GO HABS!

Just talked with the owner of my LCS. He called Universal Distributors, who have exclusive rights to Panini in Canada. Universal apparently said "he's hear of nothing..." but had a squeak in his voice. The LCS owner says that "this means that there is definitely something going on..." so we might be in for an announcement soon.

To further the conspiracy, I just found a few job listing on Monster.com consisting of pretty important careers at Panini America. Print Production Assistant, listed two days ago; Photo Editor, listed two days ago; and Memorabilia Inventory Manager, listed sixteen days ago. So, yeah... problems at Panini again! This goes along with their Hockey Manager walking away from them last year. Though, seeing what they pay for what they are asking for, this does not surprise me in the least.

I will let everyone know what I learn!

Randi

Not a peep about it from the rep I just spoke to, he handled a redemption replacement for me, but had nothing to say about any changes. Nice kid too, he was very helpful.
Collecting Cam Neely & Boston Bruins
Photobucket: http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a372/p...or%20Sale/

(01-16-2013, 03:38 PM)rayeates Wrote: Just talked with the owner of my LCS. He called Universal Distributors, who have exclusive rights to Panini in Canada. Universal apparently said "he's hear of nothing..." but had a squeak in his voice. The LCS owner says that "this means that there is definitely something going on..." so we might be in for an announcement soon.

To further the conspiracy, I just found a few job listing on Monster.com consisting of pretty important careers at Panini America. Print Production Assistant, listed two days ago; Photo Editor, listed two days ago; and Memorabilia Inventory Manager, listed sixteen days ago. So, yeah... problems at Panini again! This goes along with their Hockey Manager walking away from them last year. Though, seeing what they pay for what they are asking for, this does not surprise me in the least.

I will let everyone know what I learn!

Randi
...why do I have to speak spanish in order to manage their memorabilia inventory Tongue
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

Good to know something is up, lol might be time for a career change.... I would trade my rifle for a comfy spot at panini, it's not work when you love it.......hmmmmmmm "thinking print production assistant"

Pension vs hockey cards? I'm soooooo torn.