Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ot: help me canadian friends
Rainbow 
ot: help me canadian friends
Hello friends. Since you all know that my US history prof is canadian. And as a canadian he is trying to brainwash me with canadian propaganda. I know these are probsbly hot topic buttons for you , but in all seriousness I want to know and understand these two issues.

Can you guys explain the idle no more and dieing with dignity things to me please.

Thanks guys.
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

RE: ot: help me canadian friends
(01-16-2013, 10:27 AM)swjrp10 Wrote: Hello friends. Since you all know that my US history prof is canadian. And as a canadian he is trying to brainwash me with canadian propaganda. I know these are probsbly hot topic buttons for you , but in all seriousness I want to know and understand these two issues.

Can you guys explain the idle no more and dieing with dignity things to me please.

Thanks guys.
I'm not Canadian, and I can't help you with the :Idle no more" movement,

The Dying with dignity, is basically allowing Physician Assisted Suicide for terminally ill patients.

It allows terminally ill patients to request that their Primary Care Physicians, give them a drug, etc.... to end their life sooner and with less pain, than the disease that they have.

the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

I'll do my best to explain things. Both are national issues with major ties to my hometown.

Idle No More - Awhile back (around a year ago, I want to say) the Canadian government made a public promise to finally sit down with the national heads of the Aboriginal community and figure out their problems. For example, Canada made treaties with the Native people, but not in BC. Stuff like that needs to be figured out, as well as issues relating to residential schools and general treatment of Aboriginals in the past and how to make up for that and fix problems it has caused. This was really important to the native people and they were very happy about this. Now they're angry because not a word has been said since this pledge was made. They feel they've been given lip service and are now being ignored again. I actually live on a reserve (I'm not Native) so Ive been getting mail asking me to yell at the government for/with them. They're pretty much throwing everything they can at the government on a grassroots level and the issues they have are by NO means limited to the ones I've mentioned. their official website is idlenomore.ca.

Dying with Dignity is a right won by an elderly woman from my town who never used it. She was terminally ill and wanted the option of assisted suicide to die on her terms, not the terms of her disease. She took it all the way to the supreme court and won. The SC gave the government a year to legislate the new ruling for everyone, but gave her special permission to use that right at any point after the ruling, even before the legislation was made or took effect. She passed away before she used her right to die with dignity. Once this legislation takes effect (or maybe it has? not sure) people will no longer have to make the journey to Switzerland, where assisted suicide is legal, in order to die on their own terms. It's a HUGE win for personal rights.
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

I can't touch on the subjects myself, seeing as it gives a public opinion of the government (or at least I would), but you can find a WHOLE bunch of stuff about it on our news sites. Research, Justin!!!

And what's all this "my Canadian Friends" crap??? When the heck did THAT happen? Friends! Bah!

Randi

(01-16-2013, 03:07 PM)rayeates Wrote: I can't touch on the subjects myself, seeing as it gives a public opinion of the government (or at least I would), but you can find a WHOLE bunch of stuff about it on our news sites. Research, Justin!!!

And what's all this "my Canadian Friends" crap??? When the heck did THAT happen? Friends! Bah!

Randi
trust me, I did some research, but with 0 knowledge about Canada coupled with all the chaos that the news sites like to through into it, it made it almost impossible to understand. I just wanted a normal person's opinion...you've lost canadian friend status!

Besides, you're a mod, you're not supposed to post anymore Tongue it's a forum rule! Tongue

(01-16-2013, 03:37 PM)swjrp10 Wrote: trust me, I did some research, but with 0 knowledge about Canada coupled with all the chaos that the news sites like to through into it, it made it almost impossible to understand. I just wanted a normal person's opinion...you've lost canadian friend status!

Besides, you're a mod, you're not supposed to post anymore Tongue it's a forum rule! Tongue
The rules shall change, my frie... uh... You! They shall change!

Randi

(01-16-2013, 03:53 PM)rayeates Wrote: The rules shall change, my frie... uh... You! They shall change!

Randi
I'm not your friend, buddy!

You're welcome...
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

(01-16-2013, 04:00 PM)swjrp10 Wrote: I'm not your friend, buddy!
This reminds me of Michael Boltons song " how can we be lovers if we can't be friends"

Next thing we know you'll be lip syncing that song to Randi on you tube

[Image: tongue.gif]
the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

(01-16-2013, 03:37 PM)swjrp10 Wrote: trust me, I did some research, but with 0 knowledge about Canada coupled with all the chaos that the news sites like to through into it, it made it almost impossible to understand. I just wanted a normal person's opinion...you've lost canadian friend status!
Typical but at least you admit to your ignorance, and the word is throw not through.
Now you are on the road to redemption and enlightenment good luck.

SET COLLECTOR, RYAN SMYTH, BOBBY ORR AND MARTIN ST. LOUIS