Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2013= buying first case

2013= buying first case
Hello all

So this year I want to buy my first case. I am leaning towards ginter. I love prospects such as bowman but I am not one to sell to make a profit. I had much fun opening ginter last year.

I just saw a case of ginter presage for $1030. How do you feel about this? Should I be nervous? Is it worth that price?
[Image: Z2PfG.png]

COLLECTING ALL JOEY GALLO AND ADDISON RUSSELL !!!

RE: 2013= buying first case
This is what I love so much about collecting, there are so many products to choose from. I hate set collecting so I never buy A&G. I do love pulling prospect cards and the colored refractors. A&G has always interested me though because of the off the wall stuff they put in it. I'm a big time Bowman fan so I am always going to say go with it. If your not looking to sell for profit then definitely go with the one that has the biggest fun factor to you. How many boxes in a case of A&G?

idk, isn't topps archives loaded this year? i think it is a may release
[Image: bZcet.png]
(Banner by jbel4331)
Adam Dunn Super Collector.

I'm about to buy my first case at the end of the month. I'm going with Heritage, presage price is 720 and I have a feeling I may be able to get most of my money back selling everything I don't want after I finish my master set. I've always been a fan of Heritage and 1964 is one of my favorite designs so it's a win win for me.

Ginter is risky if you ask Meir you plan on selling to recoup costs. Archives is really cool, it could be loaded but thats what they said about last year too and as much as I liked it it was far from loaded.

If I do well on Heritage I will probably do a case of GQ or Topps Chrome.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

I am leaning towards a case of Museum Collection. But like all products it could be hit or miss. If you love Ginter and don't mind taking a loss but rather would get the joy out of opening a case of the stuff, go for it. Ginter can have some monster hits but don't be bummed when you don't get one. Do it for the thrill and excitement of doing it. But remember to check the backs of all those mini's too, so many variations I would probably pull my hair out after the 6th or 7th box!
"It's to bad she wont live, then again who does"
[Image: eEUso.png]

I don't really care about recouping cost just because I never do.... For those that have been around the past few years is 1030 a good price for a 12 box case? or should I look around. I just found a LCS and was considering asking him if he had any idea how much he would charge.

If you don't mind waiting the price will most likely drop at least a hundred bucks in a matter of weeks after it hits the market unless it becomes wildly hot.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

Remember, Ginter is tough for autos. If you want retro, go with a case of Gypsy Queen, two autos and two mems per box.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

(01-16-2013, 04:42 PM)nyyankeesfan28 Wrote: Remember, Ginter is tough for autos. If you want retro, go with a case of Gypsy Queen, two autos and two mems per box.
Hmm gypsy looks nice and comes out around my birthday. Hmmm

I would also go GQ, love the product.
Busting boxes!!!