`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2013= buying first case

RE: 2013= buying first case
I'm not a fan of the Ginter because of all the non-baseball crap they put in there. I don't care about dinosaurs or first ladies (I do care about the Bible, but don't care to see people of the Bible in sets) and other off-the-wall stuff like that.

I'd stick with Heritage or GQ. I love those 2 products. If there weren't so many dang variations and SPs, I would've put a set of GQ together last season. I loved the look.

I'd suggest 1 of those 2. It seemed like there were autographs of a lot of retired "nobodys" in Archives. I mean, there's a bunch of guys that only played a couple of years. With GQ, you get a lot of HOFers and stars of today.

(01-16-2013, 08:01 PM)stera8 Wrote: Hmm gypsy looks nice and comes out around my birthday. Hmmm
Around my birthday, too. I may have just convinced myself to buy a case.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

Ginter is cool and you will probably get some cool cards but at the end of the day would you rather have a 4th year autograph of a player or a rookie autograph or prospect autograph of a player? With Ginter you can definitely pull a HUGE card but chances are you wont. With Bowman you are pretty much guaranteed some great prospect autos and refractors. Also have you seen the advertisement for 2013 Topps? It looks like they are putting some really high end stuff in it. But for that kind of money I would get a case of 2013 Bowman Jumbo. With 3 Autographs per box and 24 per case chances are really in your favor to get something nice. Thats my opinion.

(01-16-2013, 08:12 PM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: I'd stick with Heritage or GQ. I love those 2 products. If there weren't so many dang variations and SPs, I would've put a set of GQ together last season. I loved the look.
The GQ set was surprisingly easy to put together, I did all of the variations, subsets and the black mini set. The only card I'm missing from the set is the Darvish SSP and only a handful of the black minis. I was going to do GQ again this year but I think it will all depend on how I do with Heritage. I'm going to try to stick to 2 or 3 products this year to curb my spending a little lol.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]