`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Triple Threads White Whale Damage. Need opinions.

RE: Triple Threads White Whale Damage. Need opinions.
(01-15-2013, 10:25 PM)nyyankeesfan28 Wrote: Duct tape might show or get the sides sticky by accident.
I was trying to be sarcastic lol. Doesn't translate over the internet haha

Oh, got it now.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

Send it back to Topps ... they're usually pretty decent on high-end replacements.

(01-15-2013, 10:38 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Send it back to Topps ... they're usually pretty decent on high-end replacements.
I'll probably call them and see. Just as long as I don't get some crap auto in return.

I'm always scared of that.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

(01-15-2013, 10:39 PM)jkiddlridnour Wrote: I'll probably call them and see. Just as long as I don't get some crap auto in return.
That's what I'm saying ... someone just posted the other day how they had a low-numbered Cliff Lee Triple Threads card that they replaced, and Topps sent them a Stan Musial booklet/9.

I've also seen them send a Cal Ripken auto as a replacement, one guy said he got a Mike Trout auto for a Jacob Turner redemption, etc.

(01-15-2013, 11:51 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: That's what I'm saying ... someone just posted the other day how they had a low-numbered Cliff Lee Triple Threads card that they replaced, and Topps sent them a Stan Musial booklet/9.

I've also seen them send a Cal Ripken auto as a replacement, one guy said he got a Mike Trout auto for a Jacob Turner redemption, etc.
This is very good news haha

I have a white whale also and mine has not done that yet. Did you just pull it that way or have you had it a while and it just popped up?
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

And also, I really, really DON'T think gluing it is the way to go, unless it's PC and you're just keeping it for yourself.

Too many bad things can happen ... the glue smooshes out of the sides, or the card stock itself warps or something (think, like, grease stains on a pizza box or something ... you wouldn't want those bubbling up behind the auto or whatever.)

But beyond that, technically, if you glued it and sold it to someone else without their knowledge, it would count as altering the card, even though your intentions may have been good.

I agree..DO NOT GLUE IT...
This could damage this card and consider it altered..reducing residual value over time.
If it were mine..I would contact Topps..that could take a few days to talk to someone live..then consider a replacement OR.
Place in a tight case and leave it alone. This card should not be uncovered anyway, should be in a protective case..get one that fit and it will hold the pieces in place..