`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I Just Had This Idea

I Just Had This Idea
Suppose you had 5 minutes to explain our hobby to non-collectors. What would you say?
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

RE: I Just Had This Idea
It's fun! All ages and income levels can participate, you "meet" alot of cool, very nice people from all over the country/world and best of all, you can use your imagination and interests to decide what and how to collect. Be it HOF on-card auto's, players who's last name starts with "K", team or set collectors whatever. (being a baseball fan is a given). It can take as much or as little of your time as you decide it takes up. Best of all...with the internet and you get to buy, trade, swap stories and share you collections and "killer pulls" with others.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Collecting (baseball) cards is a good way for me to tangibly enjoy and follow my favorite sport. It's a great way to keep abreast of upcoming prospects and learn more about the history of the game. Also, for younger people in particular, it's a good way to learn how to take care of--and organize--your possessions. For people of any age, it's allows you to (relatively easily) set--and achieve--goals.

I mentioned this in a post recently, but for any parents out there who have sons in the scouts, I read that Cub/Boy Scouts can earn badges collecting baseball cards. (I believe I read this either on Topps or a Players' Association website).
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

(01-15-2013, 09:09 PM)uvaspina Wrote: Collecting (baseball) cards is a good way for me to tangibly enjoy and follow my favorite sport. It's a great way to keep abreast of upcoming prospects and learn more about the history of the game. Also, for younger people in particular, it's a good way to learn how to take care of--and organize--your possessions. For people of any age, it's allows you to (relatively easily) set--and achieve--goals.
This is really good...Personally, I would also add that it is one of the few activities that seem to connect my current busy state of life (professional/family/etc.) to the just plain fun, and care-free times of my youth. Researching, reading, organizing, connecting with fellow collectors, creating lists....for me, this is a great way to relax.
[Image: mP9e9L.png]

(01-15-2013, 09:09 PM)uvaspina Wrote: I mentioned this in a post recently, but for any parents out there who have sons in the scouts, I read that Cub/Boy Scouts can earn badges collecting baseball cards. (I believe I read this either on Topps or a Players' Association website).
My son just earned this badge, it is the collector's badge and can be gained through any collecting hobby. He brought in a binder of cards, a few graded cards and presented them like a show and tell.
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!