`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Jersey Piece Color?

Jersey Piece Color?
So I have a 2008 Bowman Sterling Steve Smith Jersey Card #80 in the set. As you can see in the picture the piece of jersey in the card is red. I'm curious as to where this red jersey might have come from. My only idea is that it came from his college jersey while at Utah. Smith was drafted by the Panthers in 2001 do you really think they would use a jersey that old? Anybody have any other ideas where it might have come from?

My apologies if the pictures are too large. I'm new to the forum and just used my phone to take the picture.

[Image: 2013-01-14_22-53-38_161.jpg]
[Image: 2013-01-14_22-53-57_737.jpg]

RE: Jersey Piece Color?
Probably a pro bowl jersey.

(01-15-2013, 12:09 AM)ejnfl24 Wrote: Probably a pro bowl jersey.
I did think of a Pro Bowl jersey but figured with the Panthers in the NFC they normally wear some sort of blue jersey. The piece is nothing special as it is just from the mesh part of the jersey I was just trying to find where the red came from.

(01-15-2013, 12:12 AM)ptownswim3 Wrote: I did think of a Pro Bowl jersey but figured with the Panthers in the NFC they normally wear some sort of blue jersey. The piece is nothing special as it is just from the mesh part of the jersey I was just trying to find where the red came from.
I think a few years ago the NFC pro bowl uni's had some red on the sides of them. I could be wrong. Just a shot in the dark.

My first thought is also Pro-Bowl. There are some red on all the past several years NFC jerseys ,as well as some blue on the AFC unis.

''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

It is Pro Bowl. There was at least one year where the NFC jerseys had some red under the arm area of the jerseys. I believe this is a 2007 pro bowl jersey.
[Image: alanch-1.png]
-Banner Courtesy of rogue655-

Jim Leonhard Needs:
2005 Longevity Holofoil /25
2009 SPx Super Scripts Autographs Eight /8

Joel Effertz Needs:
2013 Bowman Draft Black Paper /1, Black Plate /1, Cyan Plate /1