`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Project
01-14-2013, 07:51 PM
New Project
I've been thinking for a while about changing up my collection. I'm finding it more difficult to come up with the money and time to collect every card that interests me, and I find I am often bored with them shortly after I get them. I had the fortune of growing up near the Red Wings' AHL team, and I think I'm going to start a collection of players I saw play at Adirondack, with a focus on autographed cards if available, and RC's if not. I'm narrowing down the time frame, but I'm thinking about focusing on the years I saw the most games...probably 90-91 to 95-96, or thereabouts.

Anyway, I was able to nab a few on the cheap with no research required. Sadly, I have to settle for some with the players in a uniform other than the Wings'. Here's the start to my new project:

[Image: 001-64.jpg]

Thanks for looking!

I collect Dany Heatley, Nicklas Backstrom, all Red Wings and most Yankees.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-14-2013, 08:31 PM
RE: New Project
Very cool, as a Michigan native, there are definitely some blasts from the past there.

Collecting: Kevin Hodson, Goaltender Rookie Cards, 1995-96 Fleer Metal Inserts.
01-14-2013, 09:19 PM
Very cool stuff, Greg! If I have anything that you can use, you know that you can give me a shout!

Randi

Jaroslav Halak-254/727=34.9%
Photobucket
[Image: HALAK_zps26c7055e.jpg]
01-15-2013, 07:20 AM
Also, being from Michigan, those players take me back. I was really pissed off when I found out the Wings traded Kozlov for Hasek. Still irritates me to this day.

[Image: bretthullbanner.jpg]

http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i109/bguzowski16/
01-16-2013, 06:56 AM
very cool project

I wish i was able to go to the games back then. where did they play Glenns Falls or the Springs?

i went to school in plattsburgh and have afew friends from around the adk

using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)